Mid-Market Sales Engineer
- Los Angeles, CA
A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded eight years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
Lever is looking for an experienced Sales Engineer to join our growing team and expand our presence in the Mid-Market segment. In this role, you will partner with Account Executives to demonstrate the value of our solution to talent leaders and technologists around the world. You will advise prospective customers on industry trends and recruiting best practices, overcome common objections and compliance considerations, and recommend the configurations, integrations, and customizations needed to win new business.
As a Sales Engineer, you’ll get to use your technical know-how and passion for people to make a direct impact on Lever and it’s revenue growth. You’ll expand your technical skill set, develop industry expertise, and influence the development of new features. Most importantly, you’ll get to help some of the most innovative companies in the world hire the talent they need to grow and scale.
You'll be joining a team of tech-savvy ales people on a mission to solve our clients’ biggest hiring challenges and earn their business in the process. We’re a highly specialized group with various backgrounds and areas of expertise, but we all have one thing in common. We were born to kick SaaS.
THE SKILL SET
- Creative problem solver with proven track record of success
- 3 or more years of SaaS Sales Engineering or Solutions Engineering; HR tech industry preferred
- Comfortable delivering technical sales presentations, product positioning, and objection handling
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers and colleagues
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL
- Complete Ramp Camp, our comprehensive onboarding program designed to jumpstart Leveroos and get them to full productivity as quickly as possible, while gaining a broader understanding about how their role fits into the org, Lever’s product, mission, etc
- Join four in-depth product training sessions to learn the inner workings of Lever’s talent acquisition suite and pre-built integrations; pass a series of certifications to become a Lever-certified product expert
- Learn Lever’s go-to-market messaging, key differentiators, and segment-specific value propositions: complete sales training program with Account Executives, and shadow three customer-facing meetings with each AE you support
- Complete sales certification by delivering a mock pitch and product demonstration to your manager, qualifying you to work on full-cycle deals
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Deliver product demonstrations and technical presentations to potential customers, leading to your first closed won deal
- Participate in your first advanced technical training course on infrastructure, security controls, and certifications; complete a practice questionnaire (reviewed by your manager) to ensure you can answer comprehensive security and compliance questions
- Participate in your second advanced technical training course on API and potential applications, including custom careers pages, HR system integrations, business intelligence systems, and event monitoring; architect and build a custom solution to complete a final capstone project
- Become a strategic partner to Mid-Market sales, achieve your individual customer satisfaction goal, and help the team hit or exceed their quarterly revenue goals
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Lead virtual and in-person product demonstrations that showcase how Lever solves modern recruiting challenges
- Meet with IT and security professionals to handle technical objections and mitigate any concerns that might block a deal
- Design custom solutions and proof-of-concepts that illustrate how Lever augments the systems and processes our customers already have in place
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Identify, implement, and document process improvements; tackle projects that contribute to the continued success of the Sales Engineering organization
- Serve as a mentor for new hires, sharing knowledge, best practices and real time feedback with your peers
- Prove that you are ready for the next step in your career by working larger, more complex opportunities
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Back to top