Mid-Market Sales Director
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL:
- Attend Ramp Camp, our company-wide onboarding, and complete a starter project with your class; present findings / project to relevant stakeholders.
- Learn the suite of Lever products; be able to discuss the Lever origin story and be able to strategize with your reps.
- Shadow demo calls with each of your reps to learn Lever’s benefits / features, your reps’ styles and strengths, and understand common objections & differentiators.
- Sit in on touchpoint calls, negotiations, and support your reps at any stage in order to understand our sales cycle
- Interview and close sales candidates for not only your team, but other sales teams as well; have completed interviewer training with Sales Recruiter
- Establish and run weekly team meetings with: 1:1s with your direct reports; define individual goals with each rep to be reviewed and discussed each week with Go-to-Market leadership; report on your segment’s quota attainment, progress to weekly / monthly / quarterly goals, and conversion rates
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Have diagnosed strengths and weaknesses of your team: understand Mid-Market lead flow and partner with SDR and SDR management to increase qualified leads month over month.
- Hire your first account executive.
- Build your first training session based on your assessment of the most time sensitive area of weakness.
- Shadow top-performing reps to understand how they build their own pipeline and close deals, in order to replicate these behaviors throughout rest of team as appropriate.
- Plan how your team will exceed their monthly sales goals: improve conversion rate; improve close-win rate 100% quota attainment in your first quarter.
- Demonstrate your competitive landscape knowledge by strategizing on deals with your reps; you will demonstrate your knowledge by helping them close your first team deal.
- Understand the "why" behind our close-win and close-lost rates. Compose 3 salesforce reports for close / won or close / lost deals and create a hypothesis for why these deals are successful / unsuccessful.
- Schedule 3 external meetings with Lever customers and power users, from recruiters to hiring managers, to understand why they chose Lever and how they see us differentiated in the market; use this information to amend or update our sales playbook.
- Plan and lead your first team offsite; survey results and plan improvements for your next one.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Achieve month-over-month increase in rep productivity as a result of coaching and consistent constructive feedback.
- Partner with recruiting team to re-evaluate the account executive hiring process and our AE hiring goals.
- Accurately report and forecast (within 15%) by partnering with your reps, Finance, and Sales Ops;
- Cultivate a great culture within your team - exemplary brand, social ties, high energy - and pave the way for the entire sales org.
- Iterate on past offsites by not only including social events but opportunities for training, guest speakers as well as other events to encourage continuity and development
- Regularly attend 2-5 prospect / customer onsites / week, especially in seeding larger deals for your team.
- Increase your team’s win rates; your team will achieve / exceed 100% of quota.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Build talent retention plan as well as career progression to ensure turnover is below 15% year-over-year.
- Have successfully executed on yearly quota - over 100% of plan; cultivate a team of AEs who are consistently closing deals and increasing ACV 15% QoQC
- Create a portfolio of customer references for each vertical. This can also be broken down for clients on continents outside of North America.
- Successfully coach and mentor the top performing AEs to sell as well as Sarah, our CEO, or any other founder/executive.
- Partner with other Sales Managers and the SVP of Sales to build out verticals, territories, and partnerships that add value to our sales cycle
Meet Some of Lever's Employees
Senior Implementation Specialist
Phil helps customers dig into the details of Lever’s software by familiarizing them with features. He also helps teach customers to customize those features to their hiring needs and get them up and running.
Back to top