IT Support Specialist
Lever was founded to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Yelp, Cirque du Soleil, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We know that the planning and work behind the scenes is what turns good teams into great teams; as our first IT Support Specialist you will be a key contributor to Lever’s current and future success. In this role you and your team of help desk technicians will keep the everyday operations of the company moving forward securely. Additionally, you will identify bottlenecks, come up with new ideas on how we can build better systems every day. You will have a part in building, testing, and deployment of solutions for our fast-moving and talented team of Lever employees. You and your team will partner with every single operational unit within Lever to ensure that they have the appropriate technology solutions that enable them to more efficiently reach their goals.
As the newest member on the Information Technology team at Lever, you will have your part of a blank canvas. You will be working closely with our IT Manager to shape how work gets done as Lever continues to scale its workforce aggressively.
We’re looking for someone who is confident in managing day-to-day operations, excels as a mentor to Lever employees and can participate in org-wide infrastructure improvement projects. When pairing with our IT Manager, you will gain insights on how to make sure that new projects and solutions are accepted by users.
We never lose sight of our highest priority: ensuring that all Lever employees are supported and company data secure. These goals drive all that we do, and we’re excited to bring someone on board who will help build the perfect mix of secure and efficient systems while doing the everyday work to keep Lever productive. We know that the work you will do will have transformative impact to every contributor at Lever.
Lever is building an internal Information Technology and Security team from the ground up and we want your help. We know what we need to accomplish and we’ll look to you to execute and collaborate with your team to get us there.
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU'LL:
- Complete Lever’s new-hire training week (a.k.a. Ramp Camp), and learn what it means to build a powerful recruiting platform.
- Create your own impact/ramp plan. This will help you and your manager align on an onboarding plan and set you up for success.
- Establish weekly one on one meetings with our IT Manager. You’ll cover things like what you’re currently working on, any obstacles you’re facing, and receive--and give!--feedback.
- Work with the IT Manager to create a plan that includes costs, benefits and implementation of an enterprise password safe.
- Serve as primary responder for all IT issues. We’ll look to you delegate tasks as necessary, come up with creative solutions, and help Lever become more efficient as we scale.
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Work with our Security Program Manager and our IT Manager to create a quarterly audit framework of user credentials.
- Work with the IT Manager to establish a system for inventory management of IT hardware resources by evaluating the needs of Lever and choosing a tool that may be integrated with other systems.
- Work with IT Manager on maintaining configuration management tools (JAMF) and software updates and beta testing of new changes.
- Author user self-service documentation based on an analysis of previous support tickets and communicate with the team as documentation becomes available.
- Complete project to enroll and mange all mobile devices on premise, as well as document and develop plan for OS updates.
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Participate by creating rollout communications, training documents and strategy for the roll out of an enterprise wiki
- Complete at least one IT skills training class or attend a related conference.You’ll bring back your learnings to the team and share what’s relevant.
- Write training documentation for end users that will demonstrate a faster time to resolution by at least 20% when compared to incidents without self-service documentation.
- Work with the IT Manager to build out and contribute the the structure of new support request system by mapping out the structure and flow of support requests
- Lead project to integrate password management tool into Single Sign On service, enabling better security and ease of use for entire organization.
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Assist in design, implementation, and maintenance of regulatory compliance standards surrounding security
- Learn interviewing skills as the People team grows and help hire/train a new teammate.
- Oversee and manage project to build out and administer third party software update patch management server (Autopkg & JSS Importer)
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. Take an inside look into life at Lever.
Back to top