Enterprise Account Manager
THE SKILL SET
- 7+ years of strategic SaaS Account Management experience selling enterprise solutions
- Experience building relationships, presenting and selling to C-suite level decision makers across multiple functions within major accounts
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to manage a large number of active accounts and identify problems, opportunities and provide solutions for each of them
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate closely with teammates across Lever
- Accurately forecast and manage pipeline on a monthly and quarterly basis
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL
- Complete first week of Ramp Camp, our company-wide onboarding, as well as your starter project that will help set you up for success in your new role.
- Attend Sales Ramp Camp during your second and third week to become accustomed to Sales at Lever.
- Meet with current members of the Account Management team individually to understand what’s working, what’s not, and gather learnings to implement into your role; shadow each Account Manager on calls to learn sales strategies and positioning.
- Dive right into our account-based training by shadowing peers, and quickly start developing an understanding of our perfect upsell customer. Absorb tons details about our product space for a speedy ramp up. Complete demo certification to ensure comprehension.
- Learn Lever’s existing customer sales process by shadowing your Enterprise and Strategic new business peers. Learn Lever’s go-to-market messaging, key differentiators, and segment-specific value propositions: participate in the Account Executive sales training program; shadow customer-facing meetings with other Account Managers.
- Complete sales certification; you’ll deliver a mock pitch and product demonstration to a group of Account Executives and sales leaders, qualifying you to work on full-cycle / more complex customers.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Meet with your entire book of business and begin the process of building relationships with key strategic stakeholders.
- Understand the contractual language of all your strategic customers and where we need to “shore up” existing contracts to ensure ongoing success for Lever.
- Own your numbers -- consistently achieve your goals on activity metrics, and conversations within our largest most strategic customers.
- Act as a key liaison with Customer Success team by meeting regularly to define that relationship. This will ensure seamless communication and coordination on all strategic renewals and expansion opportunities.
- Build process to ensure that “flat renewals” close early or prior to expiration date.
- Put on your investigative hat and use all available tools and data sources to research important details about existing customers (companies’ latest venture capital funding, hiring goals, stakeholders, adoption and success metrics, etc.)
- Gain a solid understanding of your customer’s internal transitions and mitigate the risk of churn.
- Build Account plans for our largest most complex customers and align key internal Leveroos to ensure timely renewals and expansions.
- Proactively capitalize on upsell opportunities to grow our strategic client relationships where it makes sense.
- Become a Lever expert to confidently speak to new product features and the value of bringing collaborative hiring and value to any current customer looking to grow.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Have built solid relationships at the C-Level with your “book of business.”
- Represent Lever at conferences and engage potential leads in person at trade shows and events to continue to build our customer base.
- Step up as a leader to help train other Account Managers on the team to elevate their skills and build their account management tool kit.
- Start to interview prospective Account Managers after completing sales interview training; be part of the onboarding and training process for new hires to the team.
- Consistently exceed your new business targets as well as keeping your quarterly renewal rate above 85%.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Train, onboard and motivate your peers.They’ll look to you as the example, and you’ll be able to hone your own coaching and mentorship skills.
Meet Some of Lever's Employees
Rachael chases performance bottlenecks in Lever’s software and squashes bugs in its open source framework. She also works on internal tools to make Lever’s teams more efficient.
Back to top