Customer Account Executive
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU'LL:
- Complete first week of Ramp Camp, our company-wide onboarding, as well as your starter project that will be in relation to your new role.
- Meet with current members of the Customer Account Executive team individually to understand what’s working, what’s not, and gather learnings to implement into your role; shadow each Customer Account Executives on three calls to learn sales strategies and positioning
- Dive right into our account-based training and quickly start developing an understanding of our perfect upsell customer. Absorb tons details about our product space for a speedy ramp up. Complete demo certification to ensure comprehension.
- Learn Lever’s existing customer sales process by shadowing your peers. Demonstrate your understanding by performing accurately during data entry and analysis in our Salesforce environment.
- Learn Lever’s go-to-market messaging, key differentiators, and segment-specific value propositions: participate in the Account Executive sales training program; shadow three customer-facing meetings with the SMB & Corporate Account Executive team.
- Complete sales certification; you’ll deliver a mock pitch and product demonstration to a group of Account Executives and sales leaders, qualifying you to work on full-cycle deals
- By the end of your first month, you’ll have completed five quality conversations with current customers, where you’re able to successfully gather the answers the team needs to qualify customers for potential upsell opportunities.
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Own your numbers -- consistently achieve your goals on activity metrics, and conversations within a cohort of the existing business
- Ensure that “flat renewals” close early or prior to expiration date
- Put on your investigative hat and use all available tools and data sources to research important details about existing customers (companies’ latest venture capital funding, hiring goals, stakeholders, adoption and success metrics, etc.)
- Become a Lever expert to confidently speak to new product features and the value of bringing collaborative hiring and value to any current customer looking to grow.
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Effortlessly fold in outreach to your routine where you can jump into a phone conversation with anyone -- even C-level executives -- while consistently meeting your numbers.
- Represent Lever at conferences and engage potential leads in person at trade shows and events to continue to build our customer base.
- Step up as a leader over time by assisting your manager with a variety of team objectives such as reporting, forecasting and training new team members
- Start to interview prospective Customer Account Executives after completing sales interview training; be part of the onboarding and training process for new hires to the team
- Consistently exceed your new business targets as well as keeping your quarterly renewal rate above 80%
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Train, onboard and motivate your peers. They’ll look to you as the example, and you’ll be able to hone your own coaching and mentorship skills.
- Prove to us that you’re ready for the next step in your career, to take on new opportunities in a full time closing role and with larger ARR customers.
- Begin taking on more complex customers (enterprise +) and ensuring your renewal business stays above 90%
Meet Some of Lever's Employees
Rachael chases performance bottlenecks in Lever’s software and squashes bugs in its open source framework. She also works on internal tools to make Lever’s teams more efficient.
Back to top