Within 1 month, you’ll…
- Complete Lever’s new-hire training week (a.k.a. Ramp Camp), and learn what it means to build a powerful recruiting platform.
- Ramp up on Lever’s engineering stack by pair-programming with your teammates and attending engineering training sessions designed and presented by your peers.
- Complete your engineering starter project and deploy your first changes to production!
Within 3 months, you’ll…
- Implement more efficient real-time indexing pipeline from MongoDB into Elasticsearch
- Implement on demand reindexing of Elasticsearch for an account or all accounts without interruption of service
Within 6 months, you’ll…
- Write improved data migrations framework
- Measure capacity and latency of email sync service, project upcoming needs based on historical growth, and increase throughput to handle needs for 12 months from now
- Update reporting data pipeline to use continuous MongoDB oplog tailing
- Work closely with product engineering to educate on best practices: how to write efficient database queries, patterns for more performant tasks, identify performance bottlenecks for large customer accounts (i.e. how to write derby components performantly)
Within 12 months, you’ll…
- Provide input in architecture reviews of new features
- Analyze data sent across the wire to clients and propose largest impact ways to reduce data size
- Profile and optimize most expensive taskqueue jobs and crons
- Optimize search and database query performance
- Define tools and standards for product engineering to measure performance impact of releases
- Replace current long polling connection library with better supported library, such as SockJS
- Optimize API for large accounts and increasing volume of operations
- Extrapolate trends in data use, load, etc. to anticipate upcoming bottlenecks
- Identify data quality issues and write internal tools to improve data consistency
Meet Some of Lever's Employees
Senior Implementation Specialist
Phil helps customers dig into the details of Lever’s software by familiarizing them with features. He also helps teach customers to customize those features to their hiring needs and get them up and running.
Back to top