Join the LevelUp Team and work alongside other talented, driven individuals to help build the next generation of mobile payments. LevelUp powers mobile payment, ordering and loyalty apps for leading restaurant brands to help them engage their customers and drive sales.
LevelUp is used by more than 4MM customers paying at over 14,000 locations nationwide. Backed by Google Ventures, T-Ventures and Highland Capital, LevelUp powers the mobile experiences for top brands like Tropical Smoothie Cafe, Equinox, Steak ‘N Shake, Dunn Bros Coffee, Argo Tea & sweetgreen.
LevelUp is looking for a talented designer and leader to head up our White Label design team. Our White Label design team has the unique role of building mobile apps for high profile brands who rely on LevelUp to power their loyalty, payments, and ordering.
As the team lead, you’ll be responsible for managing and growing a team of talented designers who interface with both clients and stakeholders across the company that bring new apps to fruition. This is a player-coach role, so expect to spend part of your time managing and working with the team, and part of your time doing hands-on design work.
As a key part of the team, you’ll be regularly collaborating with Account Managers, Marketing, Sales, Product Design, and Engineering teams to establish an end-to-end visual design that embodies the LevelUp brand. You will need to effectively manage a team that designs branded mobile apps in an engaging and creative way, while considering specific user needs, as you build off initial concepts. At the same time, you must thoughtfully consider the details of UI/UX and other graphical elements, in order to ensure consistency, maximize usability, and promote usage.
- Effectively manage and communicate daily tasks for the White Label design team.
- Ensure design team meets strict deadlines and stays within design limitations.
- Manage a high throughput of time-sensitive projects both by managing the pipeline for your team, and pitching in through hands-on work yourself.
- Respond to feedback and questions in a timely manner.
- Ability to work and communicate cross-functionally with Account Managers, Marketing, Sales, Product Design & Engineering.
- Ability to translate ideas into informative, exciting, and effetely pleasing designs.
- Understanding interface layouts and designing the overall look and feel of an end-to-end experience.
- Understanding and desire to explore new design tools and techniques to improve technique and process.
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years experience in a leadership design role or related position effectively managing a team
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree, focused in design or a related design field
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite & Sketch (Photoshop, Illustrator a must, Sketch and InDesign preferred)
Benefits & Perks
- Free catered lunches daily from the businesses in the LevelUp ecosystem
- A never ending amount of coffee beans to make whatever satiates your palate (Americano, Latte, Espresso, Regular Cup O Joe)
- Strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance, fully paid for by LevelUp and 401(k) with company match
- Convenient access to the MBTA via red, green & orange line (Downtown Crossing, Park Street, and South Station are only a few blocks away)
Interested? Send us a copy of your resume with a link to an online portfolio!
Back to top