Interested in a career where you are valued for your positive attitude, work ethic, emotional intelligence, professionalism, creativity, willingness to serve others, and ability to work well inside an agile team full of energy and ideas? Our ethos is to have happy clients and to be happy ourselves- and we are looking for professionals who can do things the Levatas (Levity and Gravitas) way.
A Scrum Master does whatever it takes to make the Scrum team successful, such as removing organizational impediments, facilitating meetings, acting as a gatekeeper so no one unnecessarily interrupts the team's work. The Scrum Master helps Levatas learn and apply Scrum to achieve business value. The Scrum Master is not the manager of the team or a project manager; instead, the Scrum Master serves the team, protects them from outside interference, and educates and guides the project team in the skillful use of Scrum. The Scrum Master is, above all else, a team coach that makes Scrum work at Levatas!
This position is contract for the next 3 months, with a possibility of contract to permanent.
The core responsibilities of the Scrum Master are as follows:
- Working with Levatas teams to facilitate the Scrum process and events as needed.
- Removing impediments to the development team’s progress.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information through useful reports and dashboards.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Servant leadership for the Scrum team with leadership skills that build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame or retribution, with an emphasis on problem solving.
- Coaching skills that can help educate the team and all of Levatas on how to make Scrum successful for the company and our clients.
- At least 3 years working in an agile project management or software development environment, with 2 years of successful Scrum execution.
- Experience with Agile Project Management tools like Jira, VersionOne, Rally, or similar software that helps to effectively track backlog items, work boards, and information dashboards.
- 3 years experience with conflict resolution and team facilitation.
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PMI-ACP)
- Solid presentation and communication skills with experience working with all levels of an organization.
- A passion for making customers happy and exceeding their expectations!
- 5 years experience as a Scrum Master in a software development team that is diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
About our company
Levatas is a collection of smart, creative individuals who shape brands and build technology so that we can help good companies solve hard problems. We have a passion for digital, a devotion to understanding human behavior, and a knack for making beautifully designed customer experiences.
This role is based in Palm Beach County, Florida. Must be local or willing to relocate. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Levatas is an equal opportunity employer (EOE), and we strongly support diversity in our workforce.
Back to top