Product Owner (Contractor)
Interested in a career where you are valued for your positive attitude, work ethic, emotional intelligence, professionalism, creativity, willingness to serve others, and ability to work well inside an agile team full of energy and ideas? Do you love product strategy and coming up with innovative ways to deliver maximum value for clients in many different industries? Our ethos is to have happy clients and to be happy ourselves - and we are looking for professionals who can do things the Levatas (Levity and Gravitas) way.
A Product Owner is the client’s primary point of contact on technology projects, and is ultimately responsible for the success or failure of Levatas engagements. A Levatas Product Owner also has refined project management skills and thrives in an Agile environment.
The core responsibilities of the Product Owner are as follows:
- Working to discover, document, and prioritize client needs and requirements
- Facilitate and manage professional client communications by hosting client meetings, conference calls, and video conferencing.
- Owning and defining the prioritized backlog of user stories to deliver maximum value (Sprint Planning)
- Deciding upon release date(s) and content (Release Planning)
- Defining acceptance criteria (Definition of Done)
- Understanding the client’s perspective and priorities regarding the project
- Serving as the client spokesperson and internal liaison to Levatas project teams
- Ensuring that client receives maximum value and quality across all deliverables
- Maintaining the product backlog for the project
- Coordinating with the Levatas Marketing team to ensure that all departmental dependencies/requests are accounted for in the product backlog
- Collaborating with the Technology Lead to ensure that the client’s strategic goals are incorporated into the project’s backlog
Specific responsibilities on projects include:
- Ensuring the Levatas Scrum team has a clear vision and understanding of client strategy and requirements.
- Working closely with the Client and Levatas teams to balance schedule, timeline, and budget priorities for the project
- Working closely with the Account Management Team to ensure client happiness
- Facilitate budget uplifts if/when necessary to achieve timeline and schedule objectives
- Ensuring happy clients by regularly collaborating using client facing project tools such Basecamp, TeamWork, Invision, Webex, and Google Apps.
- Create, manage and track project health, including, but not limited to: project schedules, detailed project plans, project scope statements, cost estimates, resource plans, manage risk, and status reports.
The perfect candidate for this job:
- Has 3-7 years of Product Owner or Project Management experience on one or more agile, enterprise projects.
- Holds a certification from an industry recognized organization (CSPO, PMI-ACP, or other)
- Can provide at least 5-8 references for successful website, software, or application projects
About our company
Levatas is a collection of smart, creative individuals who shape brands and build technology so that we can help good companies solve hard problems. We have a passion for digital, a devotion to understanding human behavior, and a knack for making beautifully designed customer experiences.
This role is based in Palm Beach County, Florida. Must be local or willing to relocate. Candidate must have the ability to travel up to 25% of the time. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Levatas is an equal opportunity employer (EOE), and we strongly support diversity in our workforce.
This is a contract position.
Back to top