Manager, Financial Operations
LendKey is solving a complex challenge - to improve lives with lending made simple - by helping financial institutions compete in the digital age and provide a delightful customer experience, while providing borrowers with the simple, transparent, digital borrowing experience they have come to expect and desire. LendKey works with hundreds of credit unions and banks to conduct their education finance and home improvement loan programs.
Part of LendKey's business and service provided to clients (financial institutions) is that LendKey handles the Financial Operations of the entire lifecycle of a loan that's originated on the LendKey platform. That includes everything from pulling funds from lenders to disbursement of funds to schools and executing borrower payments & refunds, as well as managing other steps in the FinOps process.
- Managing and directing the daily activities of the Financial Operations department, owning the day-to-day interactions with schools, lenders, escrow agents and private equity firms.
- Build and maintain a positive team environment that fosters service excellence, talent development and adaptability.
- Maintain ownership of the coaching and development process for Financial Operations Department; review and enhance current training materials for team.
- Manage the moving of funds on our customers'/consumers' behalf for purposes including, but not limited to, loan funding, loan disbursements & lender payment remittances.
- Ensure prompt completion of loan processing, including the processing of school certifications.
- Maintain, track and post various financial information related to our borrowers for different financial products, including borrower payments and refunds on their behalf.
- Proactively work to build and improve processes as the product base expands, and document accordingly
- Analyze data, flagging risk and proposing mitigation plans when required.
- Work with internal departments to solve operational or technical opportunities; track, document, and report continuous client issues, lending habits and system problems.
- Monitor Department SLAs and KPI to ensure optimal performance.
- Build rapport with internal & external stakeholders; actively listen to stakeholders' requests and inquires.
What we're looking for:
- Strong desire to work for a mission-based organization that emphasizes the importance of providing exceptional customer service and aligned with our core values: Truthful at all times; Helpful to teammates, clients, and customers; Present, committed & engaged to their teams and work; Driven to be courageous to make an impact; and Diligent & conscientious in executing every element of work.
Background & Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Proven supervisory/management experience (at least 3-5 years), preferably of operational staff.
- Experience in Financial Operations
- Leadership skills; ability to inspire and support people; build effective relationships with all levels, above and below; experience in coaching & development
- Planning & prioritization skills, strong problem-solving ability
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel; comfortable with numbers and an analytical mindset
Back to top