Lead Software Engineer
LendKey is solving a complex challenge-to improve lives with lending made simple-by helping financial institutions compete in the digital age and provide a delightful customer experience, while providing borrowers with the simple, transparent, digital borrowing experience they have come to expect and desire. LendKey works with hundreds of credit unions and banks to conduct their education and home improvement loan programs.
This is a hands-on Engineering role that will focus on solving complex technical problems and creating scalable solutions for our platform. This person will help lead one of our cross-functional agile teams, which is staffed with a Product Manager, Business Analyst, at least one Designer and several Engineers.
What you'll do:
- Design and develop high quality, scalable, multi-threaded, multi-tier, web-based applications using the latest technologies and software best practices
- Lead a cross-functional team in story-mapping exercises; in certain cases sharing the responsibilities with the Principal Engineer in outlining the overall scope and user story process of product developments and enhancements for a project; participate in release plan overview as well as identifying areas of risk & exposure in group discussions
- Code, at least 30% of the time, and often more
- While we expect collaboration within our scrum teams, the Technical Team Lead has the responsibility to assign engineering resources to execute the backlog. They are responsible for execution
- Be dedicated to the team, 100%.
- Work with stakeholders to define technical options and agree on solutions
- Ensure that the team follows good engineering practices
- Communicate the status of their backlog to stakeholders both within and outside Engineering. Our technical leads know how to manage their teams and their customers.
- Mentor & motivate less-experienced team members to enhance code quality and velocity; lead by example
- Keep a continuous line of feedback open with SVP Product & Engineering on team progress, escalating areas of concern on an on-going basis; communicate standing of work-in-progress and initiatives to the business periodically
- Lead in retrospectives, sprint planning, and sprint reviews for the team
- Help to direct dedicated QA testing resources for the team you're working on
- Lead cross functional team in an agile SDLC; collaborate with product owners, technical team-members, business stakeholders and designers to implement enhancements or new applications
- Propose innovative solutions to complex problems
- Work closely with local and remote team members and management, to achieve high team morale and productivity
- Share best practices and improve processes within and across agile teams
What we're looking for:
Strong desire to work for a mission-based organization that emphasizes the importance of providing exceptional customer service and aligned with our core values: Truthful at all times; Helpful to teammates, clients, and customers; Present , committed & engaged to their teams and work; Driven to be courageous to make an impact; and Diligent & conscientious in executing every element of work.
Background & Skills:
- Experience managing or leading at least one engineering team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science preferred
- 7+ years of experience as a full-stack web engineer; experience in Ruby on Rails or Java
- Facts driven; disciplined, thorough, and detail oriented in the way you write code-always thinking about protecting the customer first
- Needs strong understanding of quality systems, continuous integration, unit and integration testing
- Strong understanding of design patterns
- Strong understanding of Service-Oriented Architecture
- Background in a MVC-based implementation of a web platform
Back to top