Home Improvement Lending Account Manager
LendKey is transforming the $3.2 trillion consumer lending market by enabling the nation's 13,000+ financial institutions to enter and succeed in online lending. Our innovative LaaS ("Lending-as-a-Service") technology platform enables lenders to quickly create customized online lending programs and leverage our services to build and manage their loan portfolio. LendKey's platform is used by over 300 credit unions and community banks and has enabled over 30,000 consumers to save money on student loans, home improvement loans, and auto loans.
LendKey is seeking an Account Manager for its Home Improvement Lending division. The Account Manager ("AM") is ideally a high energy problem solver that can build, manage, and drive loan originations from a network of contractor partners.
What you'll do:
- Hit the ground running by building a network of new contractors and growing existing contractor partners
- Tenaciously go after new contractor accounts and help LendKey build out new home improvement contractor verticals
- Own a 2018 loan originations goal and drive volume towards that goal
- Develop a deep understanding of LendKey's home improvement loan product and process, and learn how to position the offering against competing programs
- Understand how to sell within the complex B2B2C point-of-sale lending environment
- Utilize a consultative sales approach to ask questions and learn a tremendous amount about your accounts
- Develop trust and design your pitch to fill a client's need, rather than unloading product information on the client without listening and coming across as too "salesy"
- Collect annual loan volume commitments from our clients by understanding key contractor data points (such as annual sales and annual financed volume), how our product fits for them, and the realistic likelihood of product use
- Train contractors and their sales reps on how to sell, explain, and use the program
- Hold contractors to their levels of committed volume by performing periodic lookbacks, and hold follow up conversations accordingly
- "Fire" a contractor client if necessary for non-performance or misuse of the program
- Where applicable, represent LendKey Home Improvement Lending at industry trade shows
- As an outward-facing member of the team exude the utmost professionalism both externally and internally
- Be data obsessed and pursue an informed sales strategy
- Give full effort to sell the product we have and do not rely upon impending product enhancements to hit goals
What we're looking for:
- Strong desire to work for a mission-based organization that emphasizes the importance of providing exceptional customer service and adherence to our core values: Truthful at all times; Helpful to teammates, clients, and customers; Present, committed & engaged to their teams and work; Driven to be courageous to make an impact; and Diligent & conscientious in executing every element of work.
Skills and experience:
- 5-10 years of sales or business development experience (ideally focused around B2B2C home improvement consumer loan sales) or management experience working at a home improvement contracting company
- Understanding of finance and consumer loan products
- Understanding of Contractors and home improvement industry
- Ability to adapt to and lead through fast-paced, high-growth, uncertain environments
- Diligent, strategic thinker with understanding of how home improvement contractors operate
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Highly analytical and focused on driving results through understanding key data
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, and ability to work well in a team environment
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Strong with Excel, PowerPoint and CRM utilization
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience required
Meet Some of LendKey's Employees
Jessica leads customers through the origination process, helping them start with a loan application and supporting them all the way through to disbursement.
Back to top