LendKey's mission is "to improve lives with lending made simple" - by helping financial institutions compete in the digital age and provide a delightful customer experience to their borrowers though a simple, transparent, digital borrowing experience that customers today expect and desire. LendKey takes the complexity out of a digital lending and provides hundreds of credit unions and banks with an outsourced "lending-as-a-service" platform and service offering - we run and manage education finance and home improvement loan programs for our financial institutions clients.
This is a hands-on Engineering role that will focus on solving complex technical problems and creating scalable solutions for our platform. This person will join a cross-functional team that is focused on elevating our platform's accessibility and user experience.
What you'll do:
- Work on React-based web applications with a cross-functional team. You'll also be helping us separate our monoliths from our front-end code from our back-end code
- Develop testable and accessible web applications.
- Work with designers to identify and solve potential implementation issues.
- Remediate accessibility items across the platform
- Collaborate and build an accessible and user-centric Design System using the latest technology and best practices for the web.
- Work with team to gather information, define technical options, agree on an approach, and define acceptance criteria for tickets to design, implement, and test solutions.
- Openly communicate status early and often
- Create high-quality deliverables that communicate technical information and solutions to stakeholders.
- Actively participate during sprint grooming, planning, squad retrospective sessions, and any ad-hoc meetings
- Work closely with local and remote team members to achieve sprint goals and team victories
What we're looking for:
- Strong desire to work for a mission-based organization that emphasizes the importance of providing exceptional customer service and adherence to our core values: Truthful at all times; Helpful to teammates, clients, and customers; Present , committed & engaged to their teams and work; Diligent , conscientious and meticulous as well as careful with client information at all times; and Driven to be courageous to make an impact.
- 1-3 years related experience or demonstrated equivalent; Bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with standard web development (HTML, CSS and CSS preprocessors and automation build tools like Grunt)
- Comfortable using version control (Git).
- Recent, demonstrable experience shipping code frequently, safely, sustainably, according to the principles of Continuous Delivery
- Familiarity with responsive design/development and mobile-web best practices.
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails or a similar back-end technology is preferred but not required
- Experience with public cloud infrastructure, preferably AWS
Back to top