LendKey is solving a complex challenge - to improve lives with lending made simple - by helping financial institutions compete in the digital age and provide a delightful customer experience, while providing borrowers with the simple, transparent, digital borrowing experience they have come to expect and desire. LendKey works with hundreds of credit unions and banks to conduct their education finance and home improvement loan programs.
We are looking for a data engineer to help us build our data pipeline, data warehouse and technical data structure across the firm. Our data capabilities and culture are still in the early stages, so this is an opportunity to build a data platform from the ground up.
What you'll do:
- Partner with the product and engineering teams to develop scalable, extensible systems
- Be the driving force behind the roadmap to normalize all of our transactional data, disparate systems, and transfer of data in way that creates a flexible and scalable data solution
- Develop data governance policies & appropriate structures to ensure adherence to those policies
- Ensure that solutions work well within our current code environment, that technical data initiatives are aligned effectively with development staff, and work to understand how other tiers in the technology stack influence data quality including APIs, ORMs (Object Relational Mapping) and User Interface
- Responsible for managing the full life-cycle of the data pipeline and warehouse solution; including the architecture, design, development, implementation, and support of the data warehouse
- Participate in creating the data design of all transactional data stores across business units and technology stacks
- Work with end users to translate business questions and requirements into applications that employ the appropriate reporting tools
- Assist in monitoring and troubleshooting system performance, reliability, availability, and recoverability of all data stores
What we're looking for:
- Strong desire to work for a mission-based organization that emphasizes the importance of providing exceptional customer service and aligned with our core values: Truthful at all times; Helpful to teammates, clients, and customers; Present , committed & engaged to their teams and work; Driven to be courageous to make an impact; and Diligent & conscientious in executing every element of work.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years overall experience working in development and enterprise data architecture
- Experience and background in building data platforms for financial services
- Minimum 3+ years of experience with enterprise data architecture/design
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in software development with deep experience in Object-Oriented, Functional, Object-Functional Language and one of the major SQL relational datastores (we are a SQL Server and MySQL shop)
Meet Some of LendKey's Employees
Jessica leads customers through the origination process, helping them start with a loan application and supporting them all the way through to disbursement.
Back to top