We’re LendingHome. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the world of mortgages and put the power, and the keys, where they belong—in your hands.
The Valuations team is instrumental in assessing the risk of our mortgage deals. Specifically, the team uses its expertise to order, assess and create appraisals to determine the value of a subject property. The collateral value is based on a variety of factors, including intrinsic value, replacement and reproduction cost, market comparisons, feasibility analysis, local and regional market trends and economics. It’s a dynamic department that partners with Sales, Feasibility & Construction and Underwriting to deliver excellent borrower experience and provide support for investors.
Perform initial intake steps with prospective borrower applications to gather required data and evaluate whether the borrowing needs and collateral fall within LendingHome's lending parameters. You are responsible for an assigned pipeline of loans and meet or exceed service level agreements and key metrics.
- Obtain and analyze property profile and MLS information through multiple data source vendors
- Order and coordinate third party valuation products from approved AMCs
- Determine whether the collateral meets LendingHome’s lending parameters and is eligible for our loan programs based on LendingHome’s credit policy.
- Inform sales, the Valuations Analysts and other relevant stakeholders of the outcome of eligibility decision, and discuss alternative scenarios and approaches.
- Monitor, track and report on vendor appraisal order status and maintain a pipeline of loans specific to position for both in-flight loans (not closed) and closed loans.
- Proactively provide support to Valuation Analysts, and extend assistance to cross function teams to ensure all questions/inquiries are answered in a timely manner.
- Looks for ways to improve efficiency in processes for position and recommends suggestions and ideas.
- Respond to inquiries and concerns regarding property characteristics, qualification, and evaluation product status, if possible.
- Confirm purchase agreement, the scope of work and necessary documentation are included in the loan file and take necessary steps to obtain missing items, if possible.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business or Real Estate. Other concentrations may be considered if an applicant has sufficient relevant work experience in real estate valuation.
- Strong knowledge in title, escrow, underwriting, appraisal and/or mortgage lending.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with a proven history of exceptional pipeline management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide good customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Comfortable with new technology systems and paperless environment
- Be a quick learner and have a willingness to acquire new skills.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Be very detail oriented and organized.
We were founded in 2013 with one big, exciting goal: to revolutionize the world of mortgages. By 2016, our small, dynamic team had originated over $1 billion in loans.We’ve combined an all-star team with groundbreaking technology. Come join us on our mission to fill the path to homeownership with confidence, clarity, and candor. Welcome Home.
At LendingHome, you work hard to make the lending process simple for our customers. So we keep it simple for you. We offer a wide array of benefits to make the work-life balance a little easier and empower our employees to choose what works for them.
- Competitive pay and equity
- Brand new gear
- Full medical coverage
- Monthly commuter stipend
- Catered lunch and fully stocked kitchen
- Choice in health coverage (HMO v PPO)
- Robust Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Time Off
- 8-12 weeks of parental leave
- 401(k) plan
- $1,000 investment bonus on your 1 year anniversary
- Community volunteering
- Quarterly company events
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet Some of LendingHome's Employees
James' job is to ensure that customers have a great experience from the first time they visit the LendingHome website to when they become a customer.
Back to top