Staff UI Engineer
We’re LendingHome. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the world of mortgages and put the power, and the keys, where they belong—in your hands.
You are passionate about creating best in class experiences for customers. You will get to help build the gold standard for customer experience in the mortgage industry that will forever change the way people engage with mortgages.
We write great code, solve difficult problems, set a high bar and help the team achieve excellence.
- Design, create and own major customer facing portions of the LendingHome platform.
- Be a thought leader on the team specializing in modern presentation layer technologies.
- Create UI frameworks and establish UI coding standards across the organization.
- Create elegant, responsive Single Page Applications using modern front-end technologies.
- Work across the full stack starting from the presentation layer all the way to the back end.
- Lead by example and produce high-quality code that establishes coding standards and best practices for the team.
- Establish best practices in front-end architecture including performance, accessibility, and usability.
- Be responsible for software architecture including determination of current limitations and compatibilities between subsystems, selection of new concepts and methodology, and development of major components.
- Foster a test driven development approach for front-end engineering.
- Create technical requirements, software design specifications and other forms of architectural documentation.
- Perform code reviews and have your code reviewed by peers.
- Investigate and resolve application issues, bottlenecks, and inefficiencies.
- Provide technical mentorship to engineers across our organization.
- Be a strong partner to Product Managers, UX Designers, and other functions.
- Effectively communicate technical and business risks to stakeholders to ensure that the most informed decisions are being made.
- Deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- A passion for all things UI and Front End.
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices in front-end architecture including performance, accessibility, usability and browser fundamentals.
- Strong customer focus and obsession with quality.
- Strong grasp of HTML5, CSS and LESS / SASS / PostCSS.
- Experience building large-scale web apps with a reusable component architecture.
- Understanding of, and bias for, testing using tools like Karma, Mocha, Chai and Sinon
- Well-rounded engineering skills; full-stack development experience.
- Excellent planning/execution skills including estimating and scheduling.
- A strong desire, and a track record, of mentoring as well as learning from others.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and object-oriented programming skills.
- Strong experience in agile and test-driven methodologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is a way of life.
- Experience taming and managing state in complex apps using patterns like Flux/Redux.
- Experience with JS build tools such as npm, gulp, webpack, and grunt.
- Ruby/Rails experience a plus but not required.
We were founded in 2013 with one big, exciting goal: to revolutionize the world of mortgages. By 2016, our small, dynamic team had originated over $1 billion in loans.We’ve combined an all-star team with groundbreaking technology. Come join us on our mission to fill the path to homeownership with confidence, clarity, and candor. Welcome Home.
At LendingHome, you work hard to make the lending process simple for our customers. So we keep it simple for you. We offer a wide array of benefits to make the work-life balance a little easier and empower our employees to choose what works for them.
- Competitive pay and equity
- Brand new gear
- Full medical coverage
- Monthly commuter stipend
- Catered lunch and fully stocked kitchen
- Choice in health coverage (HMO v PPO)
- Robust Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Time Off
- 8-12 weeks of parental leave
- 401(k) plan
- $1,000 investment bonus on your 1 year anniversary
- Community volunteering
- Quarterly company events
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet Some of LendingHome's Employees
James' job is to ensure that customers have a great experience from the first time they visit the LendingHome website to when they become a customer.
Back to top