We’re LendingHome. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the world of mortgages and put the power, and the keys, where they belong—in your hands.
We are seeking a Staff Software Engineer who will lead by example, write great code, solve difficult problems, set a high bar for the entire team, and help the team achieve excellence. You will build high quality, architecturally-sound systems that will forever change how people engage with mortgages. You will think globally when designing and building the LendingHome platform, ensuring the architecture is evolving in the right long term direction while bringing value to customers daily.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for making a positive difference, solving complex problems efficiently using technology, constantly learning as well as teaching, and a strong background in building best-in-class large-scale SaaS or consumer applications.
- Design, create and own major pieces of the LendingHome platform and customer-facing features
- Work across the full stack--from the backend all the way to the presentation layer
- Lead by example and produce high-quality code that establishes coding standards and best practices for the team
- Provide technical mentorship to engineers across our organization
- Be responsible for software architecture, including determination of current limitations and compatibilities between subsystems, selection of new concepts and methodology, and development of major components
- Create technical requirements, software design specifications, and other forms of architectural documentation
- Participate in code reviews
- Investigate and resolve application issues, bottlenecks, and inefficiencies
- Be a strong partner to Product Managers, UX Designers, and other functions
- Effectively communicate technical and business risks to stakeholders
- Deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, with a proven track record of leading large-scale, high availability, and fault tolerant SaaS or consumer applications
- 2+ years of experience as a software development lead, including optimizing short-term execution while planning for long-term technical capabilities
- Extensive experience with service oriented architectures, design patterns, web services, and web applications development
- Demonstrated experience with database design, queueing, caching, containers, APIs, security and the operational aspects of running large systems
- Strong experience in agile and test-driven methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Professional experience with Ruby on Rails
We were founded in 2013 with one big, exciting goal: to revolutionize the world of mortgages. By 2016, our small, dynamic team had originated over $1 billion in loans.We’ve combined an all-star team with groundbreaking technology. Come join us on our mission to fill the path to homeownership with confidence, clarity, and candor. Welcome Home.
At LendingHome, you work hard to make the lending process simple for our customers. So we keep it simple for you. We offer a wide array of benefits to make the work-life balance a little easier and empower our employees to choose what works for them.
- Competitive pay and equity
- Brand new gear
- Full medical coverage
- Monthly commuter stipend
- Catered lunch and fully stocked kitchen
- Choice in health coverage (HMO v PPO)
- Robust Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Time Off
- 8-12 weeks of parental leave
- 401(k) plan
- $1,000 investment bonus on your 1 year anniversary
- Community volunteering
- Quarterly company events
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet Some of LendingHome's Employees
Mortgage Compliance Counsel
Betty’s role is to keep up to date with the consumer finance regulations that affect home finance and to build products and services that comply with these regulations.
Back to top