Sr. Product Manager: Tools and Capabilities
LendingHome is re-imagining the mortgage process from the ground up by combining innovative technology with an experienced team. Our goal is to create a seamless, transparent process that transforms the mortgage process from end to end.
LendingHome is an engineering-led culture. As such, our core technology team is made up of 360-degree thinkers that analyze complex problems and come up with simple solutions. We look for entrepreneurial people who see the total picture and can put on lots of hats at once. This means leading product design, technical architecture, user experience, and operational scalability in addition to writing great code. We believe in small elite teams and would rather have the 10 best engineers in the world vs 30 good ones. Our team moves fast, deploys code every day, and is not afraid to break things. We work very hard but have a lot of fun in the process.
Mortgages have only changed incrementally over the years; at LendingHome we have accelerated that change by rethinking the entire experience for consumers, operations, and risk models. Uniquely, we have done this by effectively launching and delivering a better mortgage process for short-term loans and now use that same technology foundation and process to help produce 30-year loans that most consumers use to buy or refinance their home.
This Product Manager will focus on creating software capabilities that give operations roles an unfair advantage in their tasks. He or she will address the deep complex technical and operational challenges with simple yet powerful software tools. Those tools will manage internal and external cases to improve productivity without sacrificing loan quality or customer experience.
- Lead a technology team that is reimagining the experience of buying a home
- Work with leadership across the organization to develop the rails for consistent process and automation
- Develop features and processes through metrics, qualitative user insight, and iteration
- Develop role-specific internal tools that reduce unnecessary work, improve the productivity of that role, or deliver large enhancements to operations teams deep in the mortgage process
- Deliver the next generation of deep and useful borrower, property, and loan data to feed machine learning and risk models
- Wrangle a wide range of vendors to automate recurring and more complex processes
- Experience: 7+ years of experience in product management, strategy consulting, or business operations. Of this time, at least 4+ years of direct product management experience
- A collaborative approach: track record of delivering results with cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication, organization, and prioritization skills
- Experience with APIs and complex integrations from a variety of generations of technology
- Data-driven and iterative learning style
- Bias toward action and know how to balance getting the details right while still moving fast
- Working a rapidly growing startup, especially in FinTech
- Building tools primarily used by internal operations teams
- Working businesses with marketplace dynamics
- A technical degree (CS, EE, etc.) or equivalent work experience in a product development driven environment
LendingHome in the News
- Winner: Forbes Fintech 50
- LendingHome Passes $3 Billion in Mortgage News
- How Wall Street, Silicon Valley Institutionalized Home Flipping
- A Tour of LendingHome's New San Francisco Headquarters
- Riding the House Flipping Boom, Mortgage Lender Adding More Jobs on North Side
Benefits and Perks
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, make an impact, and move towards your long-term goals.
- Lunch & Snacks: Hungry? We have you covered! Enjoy catered lunches and Bagel Wednesdays—and don't forget to take your pick of healthy snacks and drinks daily from our fully stocked kitchen.
- Work-life Balance: With our flexible time off policy, you can enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle while easily balancing work, travel, loved ones, and passions.
- Family Matters: We know your role here might not be the only one you have. Enjoy your job as a parent and welcoming your new bundle of joy with our competitive parental leave policy.
- Commuter Benefits: Travel from A to B without the stress. We help you save money on your commute to work with pre-tax deductions and a monthly stipend.
- Product Ownership: We recognize your hand in making our business great. With offered equity, you can claim your stake in our growth.
- Health Insurance: Your well-being is important to us. Our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans ensure that your mind and body are in good keeping.
If you'd like to see more about what LendingHome has to offer or explore additional opportunities, visit us at LendingHome.com/Careers.
Back to top