Sr. Data Analyst
We’re LendingHome. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the world of mortgages and put the power, and the keys, where they belong—in your hands.
You are someone who seeks to collaborate with members of the Product, business, and Engineering teams to make impactful, data-driven decisions. You understand the life of the company’s data, from where it is originally generated to where it is consumed and leveraged by those making strategic decisions. You are equally as comfortable writing a complex SQL query as walking a non-technical business stakeholder through a cohorted funnel report. You understand that data integrity is as essential to an analysis as the conclusion itself, and you have a systematic, thorough approach to verify and monitor your processes. You see ambiguity as an opportunity to plan the right solution from the ground up. The rest of the Data team is as important to you as you are to them, as such you pitch in to help others where you can while also recognizing when you need to ask your colleagues for help. Your analysis is your product, and you take pride in creating simple yet effective data that can clearly communicate the “so what?” to your audience.
- Understand and anticipate analytics needs across the business, autonomously plan and execute the efforts to address those needs (eg: identifying bottlenecks in the loan pipeline, uncovering opportunities to increase conversion rates on our website)
- Make conclusions from your analysis, present your results, and advocate for proposed next steps to key decision makers
- Work with business stakeholders to refine and respond to their ad hoc requests, and improve their existing reporting and dashboards as necessary
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to understand the application data model and be the Data team’s voice on the impact of any changes on downstream analytics
- Implement transformations (likely in SQL) from various raw data sets (the application database, third party data sets, logs) to an analytics-friendly data structure
- Document relevant technical and business metadata and project recaps
- Act as a data steward to monitor and improve overall data quality
- Expertise in SQL and comfort working with large, complex data sets
- Proven ability to effectively partner, collaborate, and communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues in various business functions at all levels
- Hands-on experience constructing visual analytics with Tableau or Looker
- Working knowledge of an analytics data warehouse (eg: Redshift, BigQuery)
- Familiarity with different data models (eg: relational, denormalized)
- Familiarity with fundamentals of statistics and probability
- Familiarity with fundamentals of data pipelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Math, Business Information Systems, or related quantitative discipline
We were founded in 2013 with one big, exciting goal: to revolutionize the world of mortgages. By 2016, our small, dynamic team had originated over $1 billion in loans.We’ve combined an all-star team with groundbreaking technology. Come join us on our mission to fill the path to homeownership with confidence, clarity, and candor. Welcome Home.
At LendingHome, you work hard to make the lending process simple for our customers. So we keep it simple for you. We offer a wide array of benefits to make the work-life balance a little easier and empower our employees to choose what works for them.
- Competitive pay and equity
- Brand new gear
- Full medical coverage
- Monthly commuter stipend
- Catered lunch and fully stocked kitchen
- Choice in health coverage (HMO v PPO)
- Robust Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Time Off
- 8-12 weeks of parental leave
- 401(k) plan
- $1,000 investment bonus on your 1 year anniversary
- Community volunteering
- Quarterly company events
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet Some of LendingHome's Employees
Mortgage Compliance Counsel
Betty’s role is to keep up to date with the consumer finance regulations that affect home finance and to build products and services that comply with these regulations.
Back to top