Senior Visual Designer
We’re LendingHome. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the world of mortgages and put the power, and the keys, where they belong—in your hands.
We are excited to be in the process of designing our new in-house Design Org. At the core of this careful, thoughtful process is finding extraordinarily talented individuals who desire to work in an environment where we all share the belief that ‘Design is how it works’*. At LendingHome we are building the future; a key aspect of our growth is building inherent value in our products through design. The Design Org is responsible for all Visual, User Experience, and Product Design at LendingHome. Our partnerships include deep collaboration with Product, Engineering, and Marketing. Our audience includes consumers as well as internal professional users.
*Steve Jobs, 2003 New York Times article “The Guts of a New Machine.”
As a leader in the Design Org your role will be to develop and promote design as a core practice in our product and marketing lifecycle. You will be the creative heart of our team and take ownership of all aspects of our visual design language across the organization. You will partner closely with Marketing to ensure that our consumer product design ethos is accurately communicated in all collateral. As a leader, you will also represent the Design Org during internal presentations, C-level stakeholder meetings, and cross-departmental initiatives.
The perfect candidate will be a natural artist with deep experience in the digital consumer space, skilled at presenting their design perspective, open to feedback or constraints, and accepting of compromise when necessary.
- Lead Visual Design efforts on multiple concurrent projects
- Manage and mentor junior designers in the Design Org
- Establish a pattern for successful design program management
- Collaborate with UX Designers and Engineers to develop a modular design pattern library ensuring user interface continuity across all of our consumer touch points.
- Partner closely with Marketing to ensure that our consumer product design ethos is accurately translated into all collateral
- Create visual designs with strong typography and iconography, as well as strong and unique branding
- Construct clean and organized creative deliverables that adhere to style guidelines
- Collaborate with interaction designers and others to create compelling and successful products
- Define, share and deliver work to ensure project excellence
- Participate in all phases of the product development lifecycle, including product ideation and definition, user research, identifying deliverables, estimating effort, design, UAT, post-launch evaluation, and stakeholder communication.
- Present work and rationale to stakeholders.
- Create and maintain documentation and deliverables for multiple stakeholders: partners, visual design, and engineers
- Design applications and product experiences either from concept or as an iteration on existing platforms
- Individual contributions will include illustration, mockups, responsive web design, style guides, brand treatments, and print collateral
- Assist or lead on research initiatives
- Articulate decisions with research data, design principles or other objective information
- Establish a strong design culture by collaborating with members of multidisciplinary teams and advocating for users and user-centered design practices.
- Keep abreast of digital trends and capabilities and ensure junior members of the team are trained up on newest developments
- Conceptualize and articulate strong, user-centered and delightful interactions
- 5 + years of experience.
- Degree in Visual Arts, Marketing, Communication or other related disciplines
- Strong portfolio with engaging diverse designs demonstrating a passion for design
- Understanding of design research, user experience design processes and methodology, its value and how to integrate into work.
- Expertise in tools common to modern Visual and UX Design work: Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Axure/Invision/Balsamiq, Omnigraffle, etc.
- An understanding of interactivity and the Web and the fundamentals of information architecture, hierarchy, and layout
- You listen well and have excellent speaking and writing skills.
- You can observe, analyze, question, and conceptualize.
- You can articulate your decision and design process
- You are respectful when challenging assumptions and give and receive feedback with equal grace.
- You are reliable. You estimate work, commit and deliver on deadlines and are vocal when risk arises.
- You have a design aesthetic. Your documents are simple, informative and filled with value.
- A curiosity that drives you to look at the world as a solution instead of just existing patterns and mental models.
- Some experience or exposure to Engineering, especially client-side, a plus but not required.
We were founded in 2013 with one big, exciting goal: to revolutionize the world of mortgages. By 2016, our small, dynamic team had originated over $1 billion in loans.We’ve combined an all-star team with groundbreaking technology. Come join us on our mission to fill the path to homeownership with confidence, clarity, and candor. Welcome Home.
At LendingHome, you work hard to make the lending process simple for our customers. So we keep it simple for you. We offer a wide array of benefits to make the work-life balance a little easier and empower our employees to choose what works for them.
- Competitive pay and equity
- Brand new gear
- Full medical coverage
- Monthly commuter stipend
- Catered lunch and fully stocked kitchen
- Choice in health coverage (HMO v PPO)
- Robust Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Time Off
- 8-12 weeks of parental leave
- 401(k) plan
- $1,000 investment bonus on your 1 year anniversary
- Community volunteering
- Quarterly company events
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet Some of LendingHome's Employees
James' job is to ensure that customers have a great experience from the first time they visit the LendingHome website to when they become a customer.
Back to top