Senior Technical Accounting Manager
LendingHome is re-imagining the mortgage process from the ground up by combining innovative technology with an experienced team. Our goal is to create a seamless, transparent process that transforms the mortgage process from end to end.
With our built-from-scratch technology that covers every stage of the loan process, LendingHome has opened access and simplified a way for people to get financing and generate wealth through real estate. Since founded in 2013, we have funded over $3.5 billion dollars worth of loans across 15,000+ projects, en route to becoming the largest fix and flip lender in the country. Combining the best technology and the most knowledgeable people, LendingHome has raised $167MM in venture capital, has grown to a team of over 300, and has been featured on the Forbes Fintech 50 list for two years running. LendingHome is uniquely positioned to become the next great financial services brand powered by the most advanced mortgage platform in the world.
The Accounting and Finance team is responsible for reporting, controlling and analyzing the Company’s performance. The Technical Accounting Manager will join this team of seasoned, high caliber individuals with diverse experiences. The ideal candidate will have solid technical corporate accounting experience, enjoy problem solving and strive for automation of processes. The Technical Accounting Manager will have an opportunity to work with a team who values teamwork, excellence and celebrates successes.
- Provide technical accounting support, analyze new accounting guidance and communicate impacts on new and complex transactions through preparation of U.S. GAAP technical accounting memos.
- Manage the timely filing of all regulatory reporting including local, state and federal taxation forms.
- Assist with the preparation of the journal entries at month end which includes providing proper support.
- Review and document appropriate accounting treatment for a variety of transactions, including warehouse lending, securitizations, whole loan sales, loan servicing, and conduit originations.
- Develop accounting policies and procedures applicable for these loan transactions to function as roadmaps.
- Drive the preparation of the monthly Balance Sheet, P&L and Cash flow reports in accordance with GAAP for all entities.
- Lead the preparation of the monthly consolidation file including elimination entries.
- Lead process improvements and other improvement initiatives in the Accounting department, driving successful outcomes and updating key stakeholders.
- Assist with resolving accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Collaborate with other departments such as Servicing and Capital Markets in order to ensure that the Accounting Department has the proper documents and support for month end close.
- Assist with other tasks, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA preferred.
- At least 2 years plus of previous accounting manager level experience.
- Previous accounting experience in mortgage lending or financial services highly preferred.
- Quick learner, enjoy change, takes initiative, self-starter and comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Driven and passionate about automating processes.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Excel.
LendingHome in the News
- Winner: Forbes Fintech 50
- LendingHome Passes $3 Billion in Mortgage News
- How Wall Street, Silicon Valley Institutionalized Home Flipping
- A Tour of LendingHome's New San Francisco Headquarters
- Riding the House Flipping Boom, Mortgage Lender Adding More Jobs on North Side
Benefits and Perks
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, make an impact, and move towards your long-term goals.
- Lunch & Snacks: Hungry? We have you covered! Enjoy catered lunches and Bagel Wednesdays—and don't forget to take your pick of healthy snacks and drinks daily from our fully stocked kitchen.
- Work-life Balance: With our flexible time off policy, you can enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle while easily balancing work, travel, loved ones, and passions.
- Family Matters: We know your role here might not be the only one you have. Enjoy your job as a parent and welcoming your new bundle of joy with our competitive parental leave policy.
- Commuter Benefits: Travel from A to B without the stress. We help you save money on your commute to work with pre-tax deductions and a monthly stipend.
- Product Ownership: We recognize your hand in making our business great. With offered equity, you can claim your stake in our growth.
- Health Insurance: Your well-being is important to us. Our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans ensure that your mind and body are in good keeping.
If you'd like to see more about what LendingHome has to offer or explore additional opportunities, visit us at LendingHome.com/Careers.
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Police Code, Article 49
Back to top