Remote Software Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
LendingHome supports real estate investors by offering the opportunity to build successful businesses through a simplified loan process. Our competitive product, innovative technology, and experienced team are changing the way real estate investors receive funding for their fix-and-flip and rental properties, transforming the experience from end to end.
With our built-from-scratch technology that covers every stage of the loan process, LendingHome has opened access and simplified a way for real estate investors—both novice and experienced—to get financing, generate wealth, and build businesses. Since founded in 2013, we have funded over $6 billion dollars worth of loans across about 30,000+ projects, becoming the nation's largest hard money lender. Combining the best technology and the most knowledgeable people, LendingHome has grown to a team of over 300 and has won many awards over the years including Forbes Fintech 50, Finovate Awards: Best Digital Mortgage Platform, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and many more. LendingHome is uniquely positioned to become the next great financial services brand powered by the most advanced mortgage platform in the world.
Loans funded: More than $6 billion in fewer than 6 years
Market Share: Increased from ~2.5% in Q1 2020 to over 5.5% in Q3 2020.
Financial Impact: Since April 2020, LendingHome has been profitable every month, a rarity for a fast growing fintech company.
Geography: Lending in 26 states, which account for more than 80% of the nation’s real estate market
Homes financed: About 30,000
Principal and interest returned to investors: More than $5.18 billion
Employees: About 300 employees in San Francisco and Pittsburgh
This is a fully virtual/remote position and can be based anywhere in the United States, or Canada through a qualified agency. LendingHome is excited to be building a virtual distributed workforce, allowing us to grow beyond geographic boundaries, build a diverse team with the talent we want, and increase productivity while providing work-life balance. In the future we do expect to have plenty of in-person events. We also have offices in San Francisco, CA and Pittsburgh, PA for those of you that live local and want to work from the office.
Your day to day
- Engineer: Architect and own large parts of our complex loan origination platform and associated web applications.
- Maintain a high quality bar: Champion code quality through peer-reviewed designs and code, focusing on test automation using unit, integration and end-to-end testing.
- Reduce Technical Debt: We allocate a certain percentage of each team’s time to tackling engineering initiatives focused on reducing tech debt. Every engineer contributes to these initiatives.
- Execute: Focus on delivering high impact initiatives that provide value to the customer on a daily basis.
- Collaborate: Work closely with our design and product teams as well as with our business stakeholders to build the right solutions for our customers.
- Customer-first: Ensure that our customers are successful and happy.
- Define Technical Strategy: You’ll own technical strategy for broad or complex requirements and come up with insightful and forward-looking approaches that go beyond the direct team and solve large open-ended problems.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for frontend, backend and full stack engineers. It all depends on where you can have the most impact. We have both functional and cross-functional teams. The product-oriented teams are cross-functional and are able to work quickly without taking dependencies in order to deliver the most impact in the shortest amount of time. These cross-functional teams operate like small independent business units with their own goals that align with the company goals.
- Experience: You are a proficient software engineer with 5+ years of professional experience.
- Product focused: You take pride in building high-quality, user-friendly products.
- Problem solver: You excel at understanding and breaking down complex problems. You pay attention to detail.
- Great communicator: You are candid and honest. You can adapt your communication style to different audiences and you can effectively communicate in writing and in person or on a video call.
- Self-driven: You make things happen. You show a strong desire to succeed and are looking for opportunities to learn and grow.
- Productive/Impact-oriented: You are able to get a lot done quickly. You are willing to introduce new processes and technologies to the team that will improve productivity across the whole engineering team.
- Leadership: You show the ability to grow into a company leader. You will work with other leaders across the company to build company culture and to help shape the company’s future.
Nice to have
- Frontend Frameworks: React and GraphQL
- Backend Frameworks: Rails, Node.js, Kafka
- Databases: Postgres, Redis
- Service Oriented Architecture: We are shifting from being a monolithic Rails application to a distributed set of services. Experience having done this in the past is super useful to us.
- AppSec: We handle customer’s private information and we move billions of dollars around. Having experience with application security is important to us.
LendingHome in the News
- Forbes: The Future Of Real Estate: Fintech 50 2019
- Mortgage Professional America: LendingHome surpasses $5 billion in loans in five years
- San Francisco Business Times: S.F. fintech aggressively expands into lending for rental houses
- Curbed: How Wall Street, Silicon Valley Institutionalized Home Flipping
- Officelovin’: A Tour of LendingHome's New San Francisco Headquarters
Benefits and Perks
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, make an impact, and move towards your long-term goals.
- Lunch & Snacks: Hungry? We have you covered! Enjoy catered lunches and Bagel Wednesdays—and don't forget to take your pick of healthy snacks and drinks daily from our fully stocked kitchen.
- Work-life Balance: With our flexible time off policy, you can enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle while easily balancing work, travel, loved ones, and passions.
- Family Matters: We know your role here might not be the only one you have. Enjoy your job as a parent and welcoming your new bundle of joy with our competitive parental leave policy.
- Commuter Benefits: Travel from A to B without the stress. We help you save money on your commute to work with pre-tax deductions and a monthly stipend.
- Product Ownership: We recognize your hand in making our business great. With offered equity, you can claim your stake in our growth.
- Health Insurance: Your well-being is important to us. Our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans ensure that your mind and body are in good keeping.
If you'd like to see more about what LendingHome has to offer or explore additional opportunities, visit us at LendingHome.com/Careers.
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Police Code, Article 49
Back to top