Quality Assurance Auditor-Mortgage
We’re LendingHome. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the world of mortgages and put the power, and the keys, where they belong—in your hands.
The Quality team specifically ensures all loans are compliant with our internal credit policy, procedures, investor requirements, and applicable laws and regulations prior to funding and after closing. By doing so, the department helps the firm mitigate risk of non compliance and ensures our loans are high-quality for our customers, our investors and our stakeholders.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Quality Assurance Auditor are responsible for auditing loans from application through loan servicing. As a result, this role will minimize risk, maintain a high level of regulatory and procedural compliance.
- Perform daily quality assurance reviews on loans as they move through each stage of the process from application through payoff to ensure compliance with real estate regulations, policies and procedures
- Ensure data integrity in the loan origination system.
- Maintain the accuracy of departmental logs for adverse files, imaged files and post closing documents.
- Summarize in writing key findings and effectively communicate What needs to happen and Why
- Escalate to management all unresolved issues, where appropriate.
- Identify areas of improvement in the operations process and propose recommendations or suggestions to improve efficiencies.
- Provide support to management by organizing operations records in a manner that supports easy and timely retrieval when loan files and documentation are requested by Auditing, Compliance and Examiners.
- Contribute to the design of new audits, as needed.
- Train and educate other operations-teams on industry standards, investor perspective or internal guidelines as needed.
- Work on special projects as needed
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience: 2-4 years of residential mortgage loan auditing, quality assurance practices and regulatory compliance review.
- Knowledge of current Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and FHA guidelines and quality requirements is preferred
- Skills/Ability: Strong written and verbal communication skills; must be able to adapt well to a fast paced and constantly changing business environment; work independently and effectively to a deadline; high attention to detail and accuracy; PC proficient at the intermediate level; comfortable with new technology systems and paperless environment, demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment; demonstrated ability to provide good customer service.
We were founded in 2013 with one big, exciting goal: to revolutionize the world of mortgages. By 2016, our small, dynamic team had originated over $1 billion in loans.We’ve combined an all-star team with groundbreaking technology. Come join us on our mission to fill the path to homeownership with confidence, clarity, and candor. Welcome Home.
At LendingHome, you work hard to make the lending process simple for our customers. So we keep it simple for you. We offer a wide array of benefits to make the work-life balance a little easier and empower our employees to choose what works for them.
- Competitive pay and equity
- Brand new gear
- Full medical coverage
- Monthly commuter stipend
- Catered lunch and fully stocked kitchen
- Choice in health coverage (HMO v PPO)
- Robust Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Time Off
- 8-12 weeks of parental leave
- 401(k) plan
- $1,000 investment bonus on your 1 year anniversary
- Community volunteering
- Quarterly company events
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet Some of LendingHome's Employees
Mortgage Compliance Counsel
Betty’s role is to keep up to date with the consumer finance regulations that affect home finance and to build products and services that comply with these regulations.
Back to top