We’re LendingHome. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the world of mortgages and put the power, and the keys, where they belong—in your hands.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
An Underwriter has superior credit training and excellent organizational skills. Underwriters are responsible for managing the loans through final credit approval including working with processors and valuation analysts. The candidate must possess a working knowledge of residential lending programs and practices with the proven ability to partner with sales and processing to move loans quickly and efficiently through the pipeline. The individual will be expected to provide superior client service to achieve financial objectives. The successful candidate must also be highly self-motivated, entrepreneurial, organized and passionate about growing a business in a team environment.
- Underwrite Bridge mortgage loans in compliance with company credit guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Review loan files for completeness, identify missing documentation, and generate condition lists for the applicants.
- Collaborate with the loan processor and sales person to complete the credit analysis in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the correct data is entered into the loan origination system.
- Responsible for reviewing and owning all loan file detail prior to submission to closing manager including work done by all upstream partners.
- Work with loan processors and closers to ensure a smooth handoff of the files occurs.
- Manage constant deal flow and prioritize to ensure loans close on time with a high degree of accuracy in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Identify and report any suspected fraudulent activity occurring with any stakeholder and escalate issues to the appropriate management when necessary.
- Keep abreast of all company policies and procedures as well as federal and state regulatory changes by participating in in-house training events.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or relative experience
- Experience: 1-3 years residential mortgage lending experience with good knowledge of lending regulations and credit/collateral analysis practices. Experience underwriting or processing fix & flip hard money loans a plus.
- Skills/Ability: Strong written and verbal communication skills; must be able to adapt well to a fast paced and constantly changing business environment; PC proficient at the intermediate level; comfortable with new technology systems and paperless environment, demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment; demonstrated ability to provide good customer service.
We were founded in 2013 with one big, exciting goal: to revolutionize the world of mortgages. By 2016, our small, dynamic team had originated over $1 billion in loans.We’ve combined an all-star team with groundbreaking technology. Come join us on our mission to fill the path to homeownership with confidence, clarity, and candor. Welcome Home.
At LendingHome, you work hard to make the lending process simple for our customers. So we keep it simple for you. We offer a wide array of benefits to make the work-life balance a little easier and empower our employees to choose what works for them.
- Competitive pay and equity
- Brand new gear
- Full medical coverage
- Monthly commuter stipend
- Catered lunch and fully stocked kitchen
- Choice in health coverage (HMO v PPO)
- Robust Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Time Off
- 8-12 weeks of parental leave
- 401(k) plan
- $1,000 investment bonus on your 1 year anniversary
- Community volunteering
- Quarterly company events
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet Some of LendingHome's Employees
Mortgage Compliance Counsel
Betty’s role is to keep up to date with the consumer finance regulations that affect home finance and to build products and services that comply with these regulations.
Back to top