Funding Specialist (Closing)
We’re LendingHome. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the world of mortgages and put the power, and the keys, where they belong—in your hands.
LendingHome is reimagining the mortgage process from the ground up based on technology as a simple, fast, transparent marketplace for borrowers and investors. We’re chasing the goal of being the best way to get a mortgage and the best way to invest in them. In the process of chasing this big goal, we’ve become the fastest growing marketplace lender to date, and are uniquely positioned to be the world’s leading mortgage marketplace. LendingHome is taking on a huge problem and growing rapidly towards becoming the next great financial services brand powered by the most advanced mortgage platform in the world.
The objective of the closing department is to efficiently bring a loan transaction to closure by accurately drawing documents both to the requirements of our investors and to the request of our borrower client. They must also protect the company integrity through thoughtful review of all closing conditions and requirements involving, but not limited to accurate reconciliation of fund disbursement, on point communication to all settlement agents, and timely coordination of 3rd party documents (hazard insurance, flood insurance, and title commitments).
The Funding Specialist is responsible for guiding our loans after the loan closing documents have been prepared through the funding and closing of the loan. Along the way, you will foster relationships with our closing agents, brokers and borrowers, as well as internal team members as you work with them to make the process of borrowing through LendingHome smooth and simple.
- Work with the loan origination team, closing agents and borrowers to ensure a quick, accurate and pleasant closing experience.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of loans once the loans enter your queue, including but not limited to:
- Reviewing signed closing documents to ensure all documents are present and have been signed properly and ensure all conditions have been met
- Requesting wire to be sent
- Following up for any post closing documents
- Speak up and suggest improvements wherever you see an opportunity.
- Adhere to and comply with all applicable federal and state laws and company policies.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or as assigned by the supervisor.
- Propose improvement to our closing process, to make it as efficient and pleasant as possible.
- You have an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree, or
- 3-5 years experience in document drawing and/or funding; escrow officer or insurance agent experience a plus.
- You have a track record as a self-starter, with excellent time management skills, and a strong desire to learn.
- You have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You have a powerful work ethic and emotional intelligence.
- You are open to feedback, comfortable speaking up and asking questions and able to follow a proven process.
- You are flexible and can work in a dynamic environment of rapid change in procedures and prioritization.
- You are a team player who likes to work hard and play hard.
- You have excellent technical skills, including Microsoft Word & Excel, Google Docs & Sheets, Adobe Acrobat; and you love learning new technology!
- If you have experience in the residential or business purpose mortgage space (post closing or loan operations), that’s excellent. If not, we have a training program designed to build skills you’ll use throughout your career and life.
We were founded in 2013 with one big, exciting goal: to revolutionize the world of mortgages. By 2016, our small, dynamic team had originated over $1 billion in loans. Come join us on our mission to fill the path to homeownership with confidence, clarity, and candor. Welcome Home
At LendingHome, you work hard to make the lending process simple for our customers. So we keep it simple for you. We offer a wide array of benefits to make the work-life balance a little easier and empower our employees to choose what works for them.
- Competitive pay and equity
- Brand new gear
- Full medical coverage
- Monthly commuter stipend
- Catered lunch and fully stocked kitchen
- Choice in health coverage (HMO v PPO)
- Robust Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Time Off
- 8-12 weeks of parental leave
- 401(k) plan
- $1,000 investment bonus on your 1 year anniversary
- Community volunteering
- Quarterly company events
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet Some of LendingHome's Employees
Mortgage Compliance Counsel
Betty’s role is to keep up to date with the consumer finance regulations that affect home finance and to build products and services that comply with these regulations.
Back to top