Document Drawer Specialist-Closing
We’re LendingHome. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the world of mortgages and put the power, and the keys, where they belong—in your hands.
The objective of the closing department is to efficiently bring a loan transaction to closure by accurately drawing documents both to the requirements of our investors and to the request of our borrower client. They must also protect the company integrity through thoughtful review of all closing conditions and requirements involving, but not limited to accurate reconciliation of fund disbursement, on point communication to all settlement agents, and timely coordination of 3rd party documents (hazard insurance, flood insurance, and title commitments).
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Doc Drawer Specialist is responsible for reviewing the loan file after loan approval and preparing all loan closing documents to be signed by our borrower prior to funding. Along the way, you will foster relationships with our closing agents, brokers, borrowers as well as internal team members as you work with them to make the process of borrowing through LendingHome smooth and simple.
- Meet and exceed your daily and monthly quotas, while upholding our high standards for quality. You'll do this through your strong focus on service, relationship building, and customer empathy.
- Provide excellent customer service (internally and externally) and ensure customer relationship is maintained at the highest possible level.
- Bring your wits, strategies and ideas by helping us make our closing process as efficient and pleasant as possible.
- Speak up and suggest improvements wherever you see an opportunity.
- Work with the loan origination team, closing agents, brokers and borrowers to ensure a quick, accurate and pleasant closing experience.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of loans once the loans enters your queue, including but not limited to:
- coordinate loan signing with closing agents
- audit loan files
- review preliminary title reports / title commitments
- review hazard insurance
- prepare closing documents
- Adhere to and comply with all applicable federal and state laws and company policies.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or as assigned by the supervisor.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- You have an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree, or
- 2-5 years experience in document drawing and/or funding; escrow officer or insurance agent experience a plus.
- You have a track record as a self-starter, with excellent time management skills, and a strong desire to learn.
- You have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You have a powerful work ethic and emotional intelligence.
- You are open to feedback, comfortable speaking up and asking questions and able to follow a proven process.
- You are flexible and can work in a dynamic environment of rapid change in procedures and prioritization.
- You are a team player who likes to work hard and play hard.
- You have excellent technology skills, including: Microsoft Word & Excel, Google Docs & Sheets, Adobe Acrobat; and you love learning new technology!
- If you have experience in the residential mortgage space or business purpose mortgage space (post closing or loan operations), that’s excellent. If not, we have a training program designed to build skills you’ll use throughout your career and life.
We were founded in 2013 with one big, exciting goal: to revolutionize the world of mortgages. By 2016, our small, dynamic team had originated over $1 billion in loans.We’ve combined an all-star team with groundbreaking technology. Come join us on our mission to fill the path to homeownership with confidence, clarity, and candor. Welcome Home.
At LendingHome, you work hard to make the lending process simple for our customers. So we keep it simple for you. We offer a wide array of benefits to make the work-life balance a little easier and empower our employees to choose what works for them.
- Competitive pay and equity
- Brand new gear
- Full medical coverage
- Monthly commuter stipend
- Catered lunch and fully stocked kitchen
- Choice in health coverage (HMO v PPO)
- Robust Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Time Off
- 8-12 weeks of parental leave
- 401(k) plan
- $1,000 investment bonus on your 1 year anniversary
- Community volunteering
- Quarterly company events
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet Some of LendingHome's Employees
Mortgage Compliance Counsel
Betty’s role is to keep up to date with the consumer finance regulations that affect home finance and to build products and services that comply with these regulations.
Back to top