We’re LendingHome. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the world of mortgages and put the power, and the keys, where they belong—in your hands.
The Consumer Mortgage Lending team is growing rapidly, and we are looking for an experienced Underwriter to join our Operations team. The team prides itself on our fun and collaborative culture. In addition to being the first line of contact with new customers, you’ll have a hand in shaping how our the Underwriting Team works and how we can delight customers with a truly different mortgage experience.
This role will be responsible for managing our consumer loans through final credit approval including working with Loan Analysts and Closers. You will provide superior client service to achieve financial objectives.
- Underwriting of consumer mortgage products (Conforming, Jumbo, FHA, Non-QM) ensuring compliance with company credit guidelines and regulatory requirements
- Review loan files for completeness, identify missing documentation, and generate condition lists for the applicants
- Calculate all income and perform thorough asset assessment as required per AUS or Manual underwriting guidelines
- Can easily assess the borrower’s Ability to Repay through review and analysis.
- Collaborate with the loan processor and sales person to complete the credit analysis in a timely manner
- Ensure that all borrower and loan data is correctly entered into the loan origination system.
- Responsibility for reviewing and owning all loan file detail prior to submission to closing manager including work done by all upstream partners
- Work with loan processors and closers to ensure a smooth handoff of the files occurs
- Manage constant deal flow and prioritize to ensure loans close on time with a high degree of accuracy in a deadline-oriented environment
- Identify and report any suspected fraudulent activity occurring with any stakeholder and escalate issues to the appropriate management when necessary
- Identify red flags within files and ensure each red flag is addressed prior to approval/closing
- Keep abreast of all company and investor credit policies and procedures as well as federal and state regulatory changes by participating in in-house training events
- Direct Endorsement Certification strongly required
- At least 5 years experience manually underwriting loans and using automated underwriting systems
- Thorough knowledge of FHA, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Jumbo and Non-conforming mortgage program guidelines and regulations
- Strong management and organizational skills; good judgment and decision making
- Strong knowledge of Federal and State lending laws
- Ability to handle fast-paced environments with minimum supervision and meet project deadlines
- Thorough understanding of credit and an ability to review complex financial documents and borrower situations such as self-employed borrower income or multiple rental property analysis
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, and handle high work volumes
- Capacity to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to deliver difficult messages with accuracy and confidence
- Ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks and manage time effectively while practicing sound judgment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Desktop systems and tools for example Email, Loan Origination Systems, AUS Engines (DU/LP), MS Office, Google Drive experience is preferred
- Knowledge of and ability to use office support tools available on the desktop (for example word processing, e-mail, presentation software, and spreadsheets.)
We were founded in 2013 with one big, exciting goal: to revolutionize the world of mortgages. By 2016, our small, dynamic team had originated over $1 billion in loans.We’ve combined an all-star team with groundbreaking technology. Come join us on our mission to fill the path to homeownership with confidence, clarity, and candor. Welcome Home.
At LendingHome, you work hard to make the lending process simple for our customers. So we keep it simple for you. We offer a wide array of benefits to make the work-life balance a little easier and empower our employees to choose what works for them.
- Competitive pay and equity
- Brand new gear
- Full medical coverage
- Monthly commuter stipend
- Catered lunch and fully stocked kitchen
- Choice in health coverage (HMO v PPO)
- Robust Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Time Off
- 8-12 weeks of parental leave
- 401(k) plan
- $1,000 investment bonus on your 1 year anniversary
- Community volunteering
- Quarterly company events
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet Some of LendingHome's Employees
James' job is to ensure that customers have a great experience from the first time they visit the LendingHome website to when they become a customer.
Back to top