We’re LendingHome. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the world of mortgages and put the power, and the keys, where they belong—in your hands.
The Valuations team is instrumental in assessing the risk of our mortgage deals. Specifically, the team uses its expertise to order, assess and create appraisals to determine the value of a subject property. The collateral value is based on a variety of factors, including: intrinsic value, replacement and reproduction cost, market comparisons, feasibility analysis, local and regional market trends and economics. It’s a dynamic department that partners with CX, UW and CapM to deliver excellent borrower experience and provide support for investors.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
A qualified Real Estate Valuation Analyst provides analytical support in underwriting mortgage loan investments. Pivotal to the success of a valuation team member candidate is previous experience as a residential real estate appraiser as well as a strong aptitude in finance, accounting and economics. Needs to have a thorough understanding of real estate and capital markets vocabulary, good familiarity with analytic programs such as Excel, and an ability to communicate ideas and recommendations orally and in writing, as well as the ability to work independently as a member of a team.
- Perform initial intake steps with prospective borrower applications to evaluate whether the borrowing needs and collateral fall within LendingHome's lending parameters.
- Researching and analyzing collateral value based on variety of factors, including: intrinsic value, replacement cost, market comparisons, local and regional market and economics.
- Allocating value to land, improvements and evaluate plausible exit scenarios.
- Presenting verbal and written analysis, being able to defend it and make recommendations to business development and operations teams.
- Analyzing data collected through BPOs and interpreting which value is valid and pertinent to the valuation of a specific property.
- Responding to questions and concerns regarding property valuations.
- Providing analytical support and completing special projects for all functional areas within the real estate loan portfolio.
- Maintaining a database of funded transactions for marketing and market research teams.
- Communicating with borrower on LendingHome valuations by providing them with rate options.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business or Real Estate from a nationally recognized college or university. Other concentrations may be considered if an applicant has sufficient relevant work experience in real estate valuation.
- Experience: 4+ years of experience valuing residential real estate in a multi-state lending environment.
- Skills/Ability: Strong written and verbal communication skills; must be able to adapt well to a fast paced and constantly changing business environment; PC proficient at the intermediate level; comfortable with new technology systems and paperless environment, demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment; demonstrated ability to provide good customer service.
We were founded in 2013 with one big, exciting goal: to revolutionize the world of mortgages. By 2016, our small, dynamic team had originated over $1 billion in loans.We’ve combined an all-star team with groundbreaking technology. Come join us on our mission to fill the path to homeownership with confidence, clarity, and candor. Welcome Home.
At LendingHome, you work hard to make the lending process simple for our customers. So we keep it simple for you. We offer a wide array of benefits to make the work-life balance a little easier and empower our employees to choose what works for them.
- Competitive pay and equity
- Brand new gear
- Full medical coverage
- Monthly commuter stipend
- Catered lunch and fully stocked kitchen
- Choice in health coverage (HMO v PPO)
- Robust Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Time Off
- 8-12 weeks of parental leave
- 401(k) plan
- $1,000 investment bonus on your 1 year anniversary
- Community volunteering
- Quarterly company events
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet Some of LendingHome's Employees
Mortgage Compliance Counsel
Betty’s role is to keep up to date with the consumer finance regulations that affect home finance and to build products and services that comply with these regulations.
Back to top