Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
Lending Club's Compliance Department is seeking a talented individual for the position as Vice President - Compliance to support the company's marketplace activities. Based in San Francisco, CA, the candidate will contribute to a strong and innovative compliance and risk management culture.
This individual will lead and oversee the Company's corporate compliance program and will develop, implement and maintain policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure that the Board of Directors, management and employees understand and adhere to regulatory and other risk management requirements. This role also provides support and expertise to advise and guide the company, business lines and operational areas in the evaluation and development of effective compliance internal controls, monitoring-testing, issues management, program governance, and process improvements.
The successful candidate must have outstanding communication skills, an ability to anticipate and deliver on the needs of a fast-paced and innovative business, and the flexibility to simultaneously manage a wide range of projects.
- Provides guidance to senior officers and managers on all ethics, business conduct and compliance matters
- Establish, maintain and leverage relationships with other functional areas, such as the Corporate Audit Department, Controllers, the Legal Department and Human Resources and business units to direct activities to promote an effective and synchronized approach to risk management
- Supervises a team of compliance professionals
- Advise on compliance with laws and regulations applicable to credit based product lines, day-to-day corporate activities and securities transactions, including consulting on the design and implementation of key strategic initiatives and business changes to provide tactical regulatory/compliance advice on regulatory requirements both individually and through compliance team
- Ensure that remediation efforts are sufficient and timely; Review action plans and remediation documentation to support event closure; Participate in root cause analysis and the identification of customer experience improvement activities
- Prepare for and coordinate third-party examinations, including ensuring that information requests from third-party partners and regulators are completed timely and accurately
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key business and staff group partners to promote an effective and synchronized approach to risk management
- Work to simplify the legal, regulatory, and risk management requirements that business teams must satisfy and develop strategies to support the efficient implementation of those requirements – ability to use data to support testing efforts and risk assessment; must be proficient in data analytics
- Oversee and implement testing program to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of compliance controls and develop periodic reporting on the test results
- Establish, implement and supervise compliance policies and procedures throughout the organization to ensure that the compliance program is effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting and correcting non-compliance with regulatory requirements
- Conduct enterprise-wide risk assessments and monitor compliance risk metrics
- Oversee the development and assignment of compliance training programs
- Participate in business management, risk, new product and project meetings and provides compliance risk advice as well as ongoing information about new and changing regulatory developments
- Serve as a member of the Risk Management Committee and assist in the creation and execution of the agenda
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Solid analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Comfortable with a "hands-on" approach and balancing multiple, competing priorities and changes in scope / direction, all with a high sense of urgency
- 10 years of financial services experience
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of financial services laws and regulations, risk management controls, internal control practices and audit concepts and techniques
- Self-starter, with the ability to follow through on matters and bring them to resolution in a timely and reasonable manner
- 15 years of financial services experience, preferably in compliance, risk management, operations and/or audit roles
- Familiarity with securities and investment advisory laws, rules and regulations.
- Willingness and ability to learn new laws, rules, and regulations and interpret and apply them to Lending Club's business model
- Well-developed skills in leadership, influence management, public-private industry partnerships, business advocacy, communication and training. Ability to think and act strategically and tactically.
- Professional certifications(s) such as Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Risk Professional (CRP), Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), Certified Information Privacy Professional, or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Supervisor, Member Support
Tania makes sure borrowers have a great experience with Lending Club. She’s constantly looking ahead to ensure her team is fully staffed and ready to meet every borrower’s needs.
Back to top