Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
Reporting directly to the Chief People Officer, strategically evolve our company-wide compensation programs ensuring alignment with our business goals to attract, and retain top talent in a high growth, innovative technology company. Lead our HR Systems team and analysts to make strategic, data based decisions for Lending Club. You will interact with the executive management team and work closely with members of the HR and Finance teams to ensure the proper investment and spend on all employee programs. You will also develop the team members dedicated to Compensation, Systems and People Analytics.
- Identify trends in compensation by creating and evaluating compensation surveys, including the Global Radford Technology & Sales Surveys, and performing market analysis
- Understand equity compensation market practice and trends for high growth companies to recommend our overall equity strategies
- Design the annual review process, collaborating with key HR and Finance team stakeholders
- Assess, design and implement compensation programs throughout the organization
- Work closely with FP&A and Benefits teams on compensation and benefits analytics and respond to management requests for analysis of employee compensation competitiveness &/or employee demographics
- Collaborate with the Benefits team on short and long term benefit plan strategy, design and program implementation
- Partner closely with our Compensation Committee and compensation consultants on the design of our executive compensation programs, including establishing our public company peer group for market and competitive compensation program evaluation
- Partner with compensation consultants, our FP&A and Stock Administration teams on design, investment, spend and implementation of equity programs, including option plans, RSU plans, ESPP plans and LTIPs
- Lead and optimize HR technologies to meet business requirements creating opportunities for automation, improvements and scalability
- Ensure compliance and proper reporting
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 12 – 15 years experience in HR, with a minimum of 10 years of experience and progressive responsibility in compensation, HR systems and People Analytics.
- Experience with effectively scaling a compensation function to support the company’s business goals and growth, with a strong awareness of best practices
- Demonstrated experience in driving change and leading compensation initiatives (base, bonus, short-term and long-term incentives)
- Proven leadership skills as a business partner with the ability to interact successfully with all departments and levels; desire to lead and drive, as well as work hands on and independently
- Collaborative approach with solid relationship building, management and employee development skills
- Strong analytical, mathematical, statistical and conceptual skills; Excel expertise
- Excellent presentation and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of equity programs, including option plans, RSU plans, ESPP plans and LTIPs
- Knowledge of appropriate statutes including FLSA, Equal Pay Act, Title VII, ERISA, HIPAA, PPACA and other applicable laws
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Product Analytics Manager
Being a successful company is all about building a great product. Alan empowers Lending Club’s product managers to build exactly what customers need by analyzing the company’s data.
Back to top