Vice President, Human Resources - Technology
About Lending Club
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
The Vice President, People Success will be an integral part of, and an essential business partner to, the entire technology and people success leadership team by ensuring a strong connection between Lending Club's goals and its HR programs. Working with the leadership team, and reporting into the SVP, People Success, this role will work independently to lead and develop a broad range of HR programs, including recruiting, immigration matters, employee onboarding, compensation and benefits, employee development, engagement and retention, organizational design, policies and compliance, and performance. The best candidates for this role will be deeply operational, able to work successfully in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment and be able to interact with employees at all levels. They will have worked in a high growth environment, preferably in a technology company or function, and know instinctively what policies, programs and systems will be necessary at the various growth stages for Lending Club.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This is an opportunity for an adaptive, "roll up the sleeves" leader to craft and substantially impact a growing business. You possess strong leadership skills, have a sense of urgency and are proactive in your approach. You demonstrate highly effective decision making, discernment, and communication skills, and you model the Company's values. You possess the executive presence and gravitas necessary to gain the trust and confidence of executive leaders.
- As a strategic partner to the technology leadership team, you will drive the people strategy, organizational design, leadership development and change management to scale for growth
- You develop, communicate and deliver HR needs and plans across the technology teams.
- Take a data driven approach with reporting and metrics for HR programs
- Translate the strategic company plans into HR operational plans and successfully implement them
- Advise and influence all levels of management on performance management, organizational development and effectiveness, and management effectiveness
- Strengthen the leadership team of each function by providing coaching and leadership development to executives
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees on performance related issues, including development and performance improvement as well as succession planning
- Provide ongoing analysis of organizational health by analyzing trends in employee engagement/satisfaction, retention, etc.
- Effectively build harmonious partnerships with employees across the organization
- BA/BS degree required, advanced degree preferred
- 10-15 years of human resources generalist experience in progressively responsible roles
- Experience both in large and small companies preferred
- Solid and broad knowledge of HR practices with deep expertise in a key area of HR
- Demonstrated ability to drive major initiatives through the organization and influence decision makers
- Strong influencer and collaborator
- You understand our business and its challenges, as well as financials and market trends as they relate to the HR function
- Ability to effectively manage projects, including developing project objectives, prioritizing responsibilities, delegating tasks, executing project deliverables, and tracking and measuring to successful completion
Lending Club is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Lending Club promotes a drug-free workplace. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
No agencies please.
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Supervisor, Member Support
Tania makes sure borrowers have a great experience with Lending Club. She’s constantly looking ahead to ensure her team is fully staffed and ready to meet every borrower’s needs.
Back to top