Technology Risk Principal
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
You have a passion for technology risk management as well as the experience and skills to back it up. The only thing missing – an organization that understands what you have to offer, supports your growth, and provides you the opportunity to shine.
Lending Club's Technology Risk team is seeking an experienced risk professional who is looking to move beyond the red/yellow/green matrix and checklist compliance and do real evidence-based, data driven work that truly makes a difference. You'll have the chance to join a team of smart and talented people who share the same values and offers a chance to create new things and expand your capabilities.
As a Technology Risk Management Principal, you are a senior member of the team, serving as a guide and mentor. You will help determine and execute risk and compliance initiatives, assuring alignment to policies and standards and creating processes and procedures that really work.
This role requires a mix of broad business and technical acumen, the ability to inspire and influence decisions, and a polished ability to communicate with key internal partners.
You are skilled in risk management, information security and IT and have an inquisitive personality that is constantly looking for a better way to do things.
- Help execute the Company's strategic vision for managing Technology and Information Security risk.
- Implement a top-notch risk program that uses creative, data-driven and evidence-based techniques.
- You will build thoughtful relationships and collaborate with key internal partners (e.g. legal, finance, IT).
- You are the "go-to" person and subject matter for various compliance regulations and frameworks.
- Plan and execute complex projects from beginning to end.
- Mentor other members on the team on security, risk, privacy and compliance topics.
- Lead qualitative and quantitative risk assessments efforts on Information Technology, Information Security, Third Party Vendor, and other relevant company risks, recommend mitigation strategies, and work with internal partners to assign monitoring responsibility.
- Lead self-assessments to determine control effectiveness and communicate results to internal partners and executive management.
- Interpret risk and compliance requirements and translate into actionable and sustainable implementations.
- Build and cultivate positive working relationships with internal customers with the intention to exceed customer expectations.
- Generate creative ideas and challenge the status quo.
- Empower Lending Club's culture of rapid innovation while promoting security and fostering trust.
- Minimum of 7 years of information technology or information security risk management and advisory experience.
- Well-versed in various information security and risk frameworks/standards (e.g. ISO 31000, ISO 2700x, NIST 800 series)
- Experience executing ISO 27001, CSA-STAR, SOC1 & 2, SOX, FFIEC, PCI, NYS-DFS, and other controls and compliance programs.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner with all levels of an organization, and convey complicated technology and security concepts to both technical and non-technical people.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and quickly establish clear priorities.
- Self-starter with the ability to execute in a fast-paced, high-demand environment while balancing multiple priorities.
- BA/BS in Information Technology, Business Administration, Economics or related field.
- Professional certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC or CIPP.
- Financial Services, Big 4 or Technology experience.
- Masters degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, Economics or related field.
Why Join Us?
We offer all the important stuff like competitive salaries, equity, 100% paid medical and dental, and because we've been around longer we also have stuff like great food, game rooms, a super convenient location in downtown SF and a 401K match. More importantly, we're the clear market leader, which gives us awesome momentum. As Forbes put it, "While not often thought of as a "sharing economy" company, given the massive size of the financial industry Lending Club could end up being one of the most disruptive–and largest–companies in this sector." We think one of our own employees put it best: "Many companies talk about reshaping an industry, but Lending Club is one of the few that is actually achieving this lofty goal. Growth comes in monthly leaps that just seem to keep accelerating, leading to ever-larger opportunities. There is an intriguing focus on how to get more efficient and do bigger things. Working here is definitely a chance to be a part of something special."
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Supervisor, Member Support
Tania makes sure borrowers have a great experience with Lending Club. She’s constantly looking ahead to ensure her team is fully staffed and ready to meet every borrower’s needs.
Back to top