Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
As a Technical Writer at Lending Club, you'll take complex financial and technical concepts and communicate them clearly as standard operating procedures (SOPs), policies, release announcements, and customer communications. You will gather information on business processes and develop documentation in our team's collaboration software, Confluence. Juggling multiple projects and driving their successful and timely completion is your forte. You'll work across teams to collect information, distill and clarify this information, and produce complete documentation that is both easy to follow and easy to use for our partners and employees. You welcome technical challenges; you strive to develop industry-leading deliverables that promote a great user experience. Furthermore, as an individual contributor on our small, dynamic team you will:
- Evaluate existing business processes and translate into accurate, consistent, and concise documentation that follows a logical flow
- Quickly learn, understand, and communicate complex concepts to internal and external audiences
- Plan, write, edit, and improve content, including SOPs, policies, and direct customer emails from conceptual stage to deployment, and then ongoing maintenance
- Analyze existing and new content for reuse and single-source opportunities
- Coordinate and lead meetings with subject matter experts (SMEs) and key business partners
- Collaborate with business owners, business analysts, product managers, legal, and compliance
- Share your work and provide feedback to colleagues
- Bachelor's degree with 3+ years technical writing experience
- Possess strong written communication and time management skills—the ability to balance high-quality work standards against time constraints
- Extraordinary thoroughness, attention to detail, and systematic writing process
- High-energy, positive, and flexible teammate that collaborates well to achieve consensus
- A self-starter who can work in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment with tight deadlines
- Experience in Confluence, JIRA, OmniGraffle, and graphic editing tools
- Portfolio of creative content, along with demonstrated experience writing easily understandable documentation to a wide audience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Inside the Office of LendingClub
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) is the world’s largest online credit marketplace, connecting borrowers and investors. Lending Club uses technology to lower costs, passing the savings on to borrowers in the form of lower rates—and to investors in the form of solid returns. The market leader by a wide margin, Lending Club has helped more than a million Americans achieve their financial goals to date.
Back to top