Technical Accounting Senior Accountant
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
The Technical Accounting Senior Accountant is a self-motivated, adaptive, quick learner who can manage and prioritize an evolving workload in a fast-paced environment with guidance and support provided by the Manager of Technical Accounting and the accounting policy team. This person will be an individual contributor who must be able to work well across functions with a variety of skill and knowledge levels. The ideal candidate will be able to form relationships throughout the company to facilitate accounting involvement in new business initiatives and internal processes. This position will work closely with Legal Department, the Investor Group, operational accounting teams and the external auditors, and will report to the Manager of Technical Accounting.
- Assist the Manager of Technical Accounting in fact and data gathering, analyzing, and documenting the accounting implications of non-routine transactions (specifically as they relate to financial instruments including loans, investments, loan servicing contracts, and issuance of debt)
- Provide support in performing review of new or amended contracts related to business partnerships and legal entity structuring to identify and assess accounting implications in collaboration with the Legal Department and Investor Group
- Assist in assessing the accounting implications of new accounting pronouncements
- Assist in maintaining the accounting policy manual
- Assist the SEC Reporting Department with new disclosures or other complex financial reporting considerations
- Specific areas of focus include financial instruments (loans, structured securities), transfer of financial assets (ASC 860), consolidation (ASC 810) and fair value measurements (ASC 820)
- 3+ years of experience in accounting
- Banking or financial services experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Certified Public Accountant
- Big 4 accounting firm experience
- Currently employed in a role that requires research and documentation of significant, non-routine transactions
See Inside the Office of LendingClub
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) is the world’s largest online credit marketplace, connecting borrowers and investors. Lending Club uses technology to lower costs, passing the savings on to borrowers in the form of lower rates—and to investors in the form of solid returns. The market leader by a wide margin, Lending Club has helped more than a million Americans achieve their financial goals to date.
Back to top