Technical Accounting Manager
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
The Technical Accounting Manager is a self-motivated, adaptive, quick learner who can manage and prioritize an evolving workload in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision. This person will be an individual contributor who must be able to work well across functions with a variety of skill and knowledge levels. The ideal candidate will be able to form relationships throughout the company to facilitate accounting involvement in processes and projects and work through preliminary analysis of issues with the Director of Technical Accounting. This position will work closely with the SEC Reporting and Corporate Accounting Departments and the external auditors, and will report to the Director of Technical Accounting.
- Identify, assess, and document the accounting implications of non-routine transactions specifically as they relate to financial instruments including loans and investments, revenue recognition, internally developed software capitalization, and leases
- Collaborate with the Legal Department to review new or changed contracts related to business partnerships and entity structuring to identify any accounting implications
- Assess the accounting implications of new accounting pronouncements and establish a process for frequent and appropriate communication of new accounting guidance to key stakeholders
- Maintain the accounting policy manual
- Assist the SEC Reporting Department with new disclosures or other complex financial reporting considerations
- Specific areas of focus include financial instruments (loans, structured securities), securitization transactions, consolidation and valuation assessments
- Certified Public Accountant
- 6+ years of experience in accounting, including Big 4 accounting firm experience
- Financial services industry experience preferred
- Currently employed in a role that requires research and documentation of significant, non-routine transactions
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Proven process for performing complex technical research and analysis from the problem definition stage through facilitating the integration of any new processes (a writing sample may be requested)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
See Inside the Office of LendingClub
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) is the world’s largest online credit marketplace, connecting borrowers and investors. Lending Club uses technology to lower costs, passing the savings on to borrowers in the form of lower rates—and to investors in the form of solid returns. The market leader by a wide margin, Lending Club has helped more than a million Americans achieve their financial goals to date.
Back to top