Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
The Tax Director manages the growing Lending Club tax team to strategically work with internal business partners and external service providers to timely and accurately account for income taxes as well as fulfill tax compliance, planning and research.
- Completion of federal and state income tax returns as well as various non-income returns (including but not limited to - business licenses, state registrations, and property taxes).
- Reviews quarterly and annual tax provision prepared by external tax providers and prepares related financial statement disclosures
- Responsible for use and property tax functions
- Manages compliance deadlines as well as making tax payments in a timely and accurate manner
- Manages audit for federal and state income and non-income tax.
- Manages various federal, state and local income and non-income tax projects include R&D, 382 studies and tax incentives.
- Manages internal controls to mitigate tax reporting and compliance risk
- Manages continuous process improvements, including data management and workpaper design and maintenance
- Serves as the technical tax liaison for other departments including private funds, payroll and equity.
- Keeps abreast of internal and external tax, accounting and financial developments that could impact analysis and tax recommendations
- Manages the increasing tax needs of the growing company and helps promote the professional capabilities of the tax team
- Fosters and maintains relationships with other departments within the organization as well external tax and legal advisors
- Required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Preferred: JD / LLM and or Master's degree specializing in taxation
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates):
- CPA required
- A minimum 10 years of experience in public accounting and public company corporate tax department
Other Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical and technical tax skills with proficiency in tax compliance
- Strong experience with Accounting for Income Taxes (ASC 740) and Uncertainty in Income Tax Positions (ASC 740-10) – including issues relating to:
- current and deferred taxes and analysis and determination of valuation allowances
- stock based compensation (ASC 718)
- P&L forecasting and their impact to the overall effective tax rates
- Experience dealing with tax authorities
- Experience in Subchapter C issues and transactions
- Strong research, verbal communication and writing skills for documenting tax issues and their resolution in the context of tax provision and compliance
- Ability to perform effectively in a rapidly growing, high-volume, deadline-oriented environment with minimal supervision and high attention to details
- Exceptional ability to interface with multiple groups inside tax as well outside the tax function
- Experience working in the financial and or technology industries
Proficient in utilizing the following:
- Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Tax research, compliance and provision software
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Supervisor, Member Support
Tania makes sure borrowers have a great experience with Lending Club. She’s constantly looking ahead to ensure her team is fully staffed and ready to meet every borrower’s needs.
Back to top