Systems Operations Engineer
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
About the Team
You will be a member of a highly motivated SysOps team within Technical Operations that delivers solutions and services that are transforming the financial services industry for the better. You are a Linux Systems Administrator / Engineer who will participate and engage in a highly collaborative environment between Technical Operations and Engineering.
- Maintain and assist in managing the entire IT infrastructure.
- Rack and stack server and storage hardware in the data center; perform analysis, diagnostics and problem resolution.
- Drive resolution of issues identified via application and systems monitoring, as well as assigned tasks and incident tickets.
- Document processes, automation scripts, and infrastructure assets.
- Actively engage and assist other departments at Lending Club with technical computing requirements.
- Participate in the on-call rotation supporting the IT infrastructure.
- 2+ years of experience in a Linux environment.
- Experience with VMware, VCenter, ESX, CloudStack, or AWS.
- Monitoring and logging experience in NewRelic, Nagios, or Splunk.
- Physical server hardware experience, Cisco preferred.
- Coding experience in Bash, Python, or other scripting languages.
- Solid networking knowledge (DNS, Mail, Web, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Some travel required.
- Automation experience (Puppet, Salt, Jenkins, CloudStack, VMware, etc.)
- Experience in data encryption and file transfer technologies.
- Experience supporting databases and big data in Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB, Neo4j, or Hadoop.
Why Join Us?
We offer all the important stuff like competitive salaries, equity, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, a 401K match, great food, game rooms, and a convenient location in downtown SF. More importantly, we’re the clear market leader, which gives us awesome momentum. As one of our employees put it: “Many companies talk about reshaping an industry, but Lending Club is one of the few that is actually achieving this lofty goal. Working here is definitely a chance to be a part of something special.”
Back to top