Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
- 5-7 years software engineering experience in a web environment in any language
- 2+ years hands-on production level coding experience with Node.js in a consumer application
- Deep experience with unit test patterns (nice to have used Jasmine, Mocha, or similar)
- Production experience with npm, gulp, asset pipelines (browserify, webpack, or similar)
- Ability to create web applications that maintain a rich experience using stateless HTTP design patterns
- 2+ years working in an API-driven environment, consuming RESTful APIs from Node (i.e. Microservices)
- Experience with React-Redux or other similar modern frameworks
- Knowledge and experience with ES6+
- Currently working in TDD style, experience and affinity with dev-authored integration and functional tests
- Experience with CI/CD and DevOps tools (Jenkins, Docker, etc.)
- Understanding of modern customer development strategies (Lean Startup, marketing, etc.)
- Cross-browser, cross-platform UI design
Why Join Us?
We offer all the important stuff like competitive salaries, equity, 100% paid medical and dental, and because we've been around longer we also have stuff like great food, game rooms, a super convenient location in downtown SF and a 401K match. More importantly, we're the clear market leader, which gives us awesome momentum. As Forbes put it, "While not often thought of as a "sharing economy" company, given the massive size of the financial industry Lending Club could end up being one of the most disruptive–and largest–companies in this sector." We think one of our own employees put it best: "Many companies talk about reshaping an industry, but Lending Club is one of the few that is actually achieving this lofty goal. Growth comes in monthly leaps that just seem to keep accelerating, leading to ever-larger opportunities. There is an intriguing focus on how to get more efficient and do bigger things. Working here is definitely a chance to be a part of something special."
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Supervisor, Member Support
Tania makes sure borrowers have a great experience with Lending Club. She’s constantly looking ahead to ensure her team is fully staffed and ready to meet every borrower’s needs.
Back to top