Sr Threat Response Engineer
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
Lending Club is looking for a Threat Response Engineer to help assist in identifying and responding to external and internal technical threats. The senior position will be a key position driving best practices and enriching the knowledge of the overall Threat Response Team. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to define the threat landscape for an emerging market. The role will be responsible for ensuring the day to day security incidents are reviewed correctly.
As a critical role to Lending Club's overall security strategy the candidate should have a strong background in incident response. Lending Club needs people who have knowledge on how to leverage SIEM correlation to increase accuracy of alerts. Have worked with Security Operations Center for hand offs and day to day interaction. The role requires excellent verbal and written communication skills. Candidate should feel comfortable presenting to all levels of the business. The candidate should have technical proficiency across multiple technologies, TCP/IP, HIDs, NIDS, *nix, Windows, etc.
The Threat Response Senior Engineer will report directly to the Sr. Manger of Threat Response and be critical in driving incident response policies, procedures, and technologies.
- Become an expert in the Lending Club technology stack to understand points of weakness and opportunities for security solutions
- Contribute to and improve alert generation for actionable intelligence
- Review security events to determine impact to Lending Club
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on addressing systemic security issues
- Construct and analyze trends of events and incidents to assist in lowering Lending Club's security risk
- Review asset, application, host, server, and security logs for anomalous behavior
- Determine nature and scale of threats and provide recommended containment actions
- Take escalations from Security Operations and treat appropriately
- 4+ years specifically in security incident response.
- Extremely experienced in the Incident Response Life Cycle.
- Deep understanding of technology and security requirements for complex systems (Cloud Security a plus).
- Knowledgeable regarding back end security topics such as secret management and service authentication.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and conflicting priorities.
- Strong ethics and understanding of ethics in information security.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- B.S. Computer Science or similar combination of education and experience.
- Ability to script in any language
- Experience in cloud incidents
- Written your own security tools
- Presentation experience
- Proficient in working with Splunk or other SIEM.
- Experience building tools and/or processes to reliably identify security issues such as access violations, malware, data exfiltration, etc.
Why Join Us?
We offer all the important stuff like competitive salaries, equity, 100% paid medical and dental, and because we've been around longer we also have stuff like great food, game rooms, a super convenient location in downtown SF and a 401K match. More importantly, we're the clear market leader, which gives us awesome momentum. As Forbes put it, "While not often thought of as a "sharing economy" company, given the massive size of the financial industry Lending Club could end up being one of the most disruptive–and largest–companies in this sector." We think one of our own employees put it best: "Many companies talk about reshaping an industry, but Lending Club is one of the few that is actually achieving this lofty goal. Growth comes in monthly leaps that just seem to keep accelerating, leading to ever-larger opportunities. There is an intriguing focus on how to get more efficient and do bigger things. Working here is definitely a chance to be a part of something special.
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Supervisor, Member Support
Tania makes sure borrowers have a great experience with Lending Club. She’s constantly looking ahead to ensure her team is fully staffed and ready to meet every borrower’s needs.
Back to top