Sr Technology Risk Analyst
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
You have a passion for technology risk management as well as the experience and skills to back it up. The only thing missing – an organization that understands what you have to offer, supports your growth, and provides you a chance to shine.
Lending Club's Technology Risk team is seeking an experienced risk professional who is looking to move beyond the red/yellow/green matrix and checklist compliance and do real evidence-based, data driven work that truly makes a difference. You'll have the opportunity to join a team of smart and talented people who share the same values and offer a chance to create new things and expand your capabilities.
As a Senior Technology Risk Analyst, you will be responsible for all phases of technology and information security risk management: threat modeling, assessing control effectiveness, conducting risk assessments, communicating results and monitoring remediation. This role requires a mix of broad business and technical acumen, the ability to inspire and influence decisions, and a polished ability to communicate with key internal partners.
You are skilled in risk management, information security, and IT and have an inquisitive personality that is constantly looking for a better way to do things.
- Assist with maturing the Technology Risk program.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative risk assessments on Information Technology, Information Security, Third Party Vendor, and other relevant company risks, recommend mitigation strategies, and work with internal partners to assign monitoring responsibility.
- Help align risk activities to common frameworks, such as FFIEC and ISO.
- Use external and internal incident data, research and metrics to perform threat modeling and determine frequency of loss events.
- Contribute to Lending Club's security metrics program: define, gather, and report on key risk indicators and key performance indicators.
- Author and update relevant risk policies and standards.
- Maintain the Company's Risk Register and communicate risk to management.
- Interpret risk and compliance requirements and translate into actionable and sustainable implementations.
- Build and cultivate positive working relationships with internal customers with the intention to exceed customer expectations.
- Generate innovative ideas and challenge the status quo.
- Empower Lending Club's culture of rapid innovation while promoting security and developing trust.
- Minimum of 5 years of information technology or information security risk management and advisory experience, with 3+ years of information security, compliance, or controls experience.
- Superb at conducting qualitative and quantitative risk assessments using common methodologies (e.g. NIST, OCTAVE, FAIR).
- Well-versed in various information security and risk frameworks/standards (e.g. ISO 31000, ISO 2700x, NIST 800 series).
- Familiar with a broad range of technical concepts: logical access control, agile development process, secure coding principles, security architecture, information security, network security, and privacy.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner with all levels of an organization, and convey complicated technology and security concepts to both technical and non-technical people.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and quickly establish clear priorities.
- Ability to grasp complex issues quickly and have strong critical thinking, analytical skills, and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-starter who can execute in a fast-paced, high-demand environment while balancing multiple priorities.
- BA/BS in Information Technology, Business Administration, Economics or related field.
- Professional certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC or Open FAIR.
- Financial Services or Technology experience.
Why Join Us?
We offer all the important stuff like competitive salaries, equity, 100% paid medical and dental, and because we've been around longer we also have stuff like great food, game rooms, a super convenient location in downtown SF and a 401K match. More importantly, we're the clear market leader, which gives us awesome momentum. As Forbes put it, "While not often thought of as a "sharing economy" company, given the massive size of the financial industry Lending Club could end up being one of the most disruptive–and largest–companies in this sector." We think one of our own employees put it best: "Many companies talk about reshaping an industry, but Lending Club is one of the few that is actually achieving this lofty goal. Growth comes in monthly leaps that just seem to keep accelerating, leading to ever-larger opportunities. There is an intriguing focus on how to get more efficient and do bigger things. Working here is definitely a chance to be a part of something special."
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Supervisor, Member Support
Tania makes sure borrowers have a great experience with Lending Club. She’s constantly looking ahead to ensure her team is fully staffed and ready to meet every borrower’s needs.
Back to top