Sr. Software Engineer - Big Data
Lending Club reinvented the way consumers borrow and now we are reinventing the way we do data! In our Big Data Solutions group, you will be responsible for the strategic architecture, engineering and deployment of our Big Data ecosystem; including a large initiative to move our entire Big Data platform to AWS while improving it with new real-time, analytical and machine learning capabilities to power every aspect of our business. You should be passionate about helping us make it happen. If you have the aim to take your software engineering career to the next level, while gaining practical, hands-on experience with the most ground breaking technologies in the computer engineering and data space – We want to hear from you!
- You have strong experience with object-oriented design, coding and testing patterns
- You are passionate about engineering and you work to deliver the best solution for our customers
- You are curious about new technologies and methodologies and actively go out to learn more
- You strive for a high bar in operational excellence
- You are able and committed to working with a team through issue resolution, root cause analysis and successfully prioritize corrective action
- 4+ years Java development experience
- You're a great teammate with an aim to grow others around you as much as yourself.
- You have delivered solutions on AWS or other large scale cloud platforms
- You've built solutions using technologies like Hadoop, Hive & Spark
- You have experience around real-time data ingestion and/or machine-learning
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: build a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
Why Join Us?
We offer all the important stuff like competitive salaries, equity, 100% paid medical and dental, and because we've been around longer we also have stuff like great food, game rooms, a super convenient location in downtown SF and a 401K match. More importantly, we're the clear market leader, which gives us awesome momentum. As Forbes put it, "While not often thought of as a "sharing economy" company, given the massive size of the financial industry Lending Club could end up being one of the most disruptive–and largest–companies in this sector." We believe one of our own employees put it best: "Many companies talk about reshaping an industry, but Lending Club is one of the few that is actually achieving this visionary goal. Growth comes in monthly leaps that just seem to keep accelerating, leading to ever-larger opportunities. There is an intriguing focus on how to get more efficient and do bigger things. Working here is definitely a chance to be a part of something special."
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Supervisor, Member Support
Tania makes sure borrowers have a great experience with Lending Club. She’s constantly looking ahead to ensure her team is fully staffed and ready to meet every borrower’s needs.
Back to top