Sr Security Operations Engineer
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
About the Team
Lending Club is looking for a seasoned, technical, hands-on SecOps Engineer to join our highly motivated Technical Operations team delivering solutions and services transforming the financial services industry for the better. You will need to have a good mixture of technical know-how as well as a background in higher level information security concepts, risk assessment methodologies, and integration of security practices into the development lifecycle and systems architecture. This is a new team and role within Lending Club Technical Operations that will partner closely with the Information Security team.
- Manage and improve a set of critical security infrastructure services for authentication, logging, scanning, and detection.
- Design, develop, and implement security controls and tools that improve the defense of internet services infrastructure and applications.
- Work with engineers to threat model new features and design responsive controls to ensure end-to-end customer protection.
- Lead cutting-edge security efforts at scale.
- Help improve signal detection and alerting capabilities.
- Partner with various teams throughout Lending Club on technology initiatives to improve security and bring standard methodologies to our products and services.
- Develop solutions to complex production vulnerabilities.
- Provide on-call support.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- A deep understanding of modern security philosophy and behavioral analysis methods.
- Motivated by embracing difficult and novel problems in a highly complex environment.
- Strong analysis skills and the ability to comprehend complex data.
- Experience with WAF, IDS/IPS and firewall.
- Expertise in scripting languages and task automation using Python, Perl, shell, PHP, Ruby, etc.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Salt, Puppet, etc.
- Experience with administration of cloud services, such as AWS.
- Solid Linux systems administration skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience.
CISSP, CEH, GIAC certifications in Security Administration and Management
Why Join Us?
We offer all the important stuff like competitive salaries, equity, 100% paid medical and dental, and because we've been around longer we also have stuff like great food, game rooms, a super convenient location in downtown SF and a 401K match. More importantly, we're the clear market leader, which gives us awesome momentum. As Forbes put it, "While not often thought of as a "sharing economy" company, given the massive size of the financial industry Lending Club could end up being one of the most disruptive–and largest–companies in this sector." We think one of our own employees put it best: "Many companies talk about reshaping an industry, but Lending Club is one of the few that is actually achieving this lofty goal. Growth comes in monthly leaps that just seem to keep accelerating, leading to ever-larger opportunities. There is an intriguing focus on how to get more efficient and do bigger things. Working here is definitely a chance to be a part of something special."
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Supervisor, Member Support
Tania makes sure borrowers have a great experience with Lending Club. She’s constantly looking ahead to ensure her team is fully staffed and ready to meet every borrower’s needs.
Back to top