Sr Security Operations Engineer
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
About the Team
Lending Club is looking for a seasoned, technical, hands-on SecOps Engineer to join our highly motivated Technical Operations team delivering solutions and services transforming the financial services industry for the better. Ideal candidates will need to have a good mixture of technical know-how as well as a background in higher level information security concepts, risk assessment methodologies, and integration of security practices into the development and systems architecture. This is a new team and role within Lending Club Technical Operations that will partner closely with the Information Security team.
- Manage and improve a set of critical security infrastructure services for authentication, logging, scanning, and detection.
- Design, develop, and implement security controls and tools that improve the defense of internet services infrastructure and applications.
- Work with engineers to threat model new features and design responsive controls to ensure end-to-end customer protection.
- Lead cutting-edge security efforts at a scale.
- Help improve signal detection and alerting capabilities.
- Work cross-functionally with teams throughout Lending Club on technology and initiatives to enhance security and bring security best practices to our products and services.
- Develop production infrastructure fixes to identified complex vulnerabilities.
- Provide on-call support.
- 3-6 years of relevant work experience.
- Solid Linux systems administration skills.
- Strong understanding of modern security philosophy and behavioral analysis methods.
- Strong analysis facilities and the ability to comprehend complex data.
- Expertise in scripting languages and task automation using Python, Perl, shell, PHP, Ruby, etc.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Experience with administration of cloud services, such as AWS.
CISSP, CEH, GIAC certifications in Security Administration and Management
Why Join Us?
We offer all the important stuff like competitive salaries, equity, 100% paid medical and dental, and because we’ve been around longer we also have stuff like great food, game rooms, a super convenient location in downtown SF and a 401K match. More importantly, we’re the clear market leader, which gives us awesome momentum. As Forbes put it, “While not often thought of as a “sharing economy” company, given the massive size of the financial industry Lending Club could end up being one of the most disruptive–and largest–companies in this sector.” We think one of our own employees put it best: “Many companies talk about reshaping an industry, but Lending Club is one of the few that is actually achieving this lofty goal. Growth comes in monthly leaps that just seem to keep accelerating, leading to ever-larger opportunities. There is an intriguing focus on how to get more efficient and do bigger things. Working here is definitely a chance to be a part of something special.”
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Product Analytics Manager
Being a successful company is all about building a great product. Alan empowers Lending Club’s product managers to build exactly what customers need by analyzing the company’s data.
Back to top