Sr. SEC Reporting Manager
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) is the world's largest online marketplace connecting borrowers and investors. Our mission is to transform the banking system to make credit more affordable and investing more rewarding and help people achieve their financial goals. We operate at a lower cost than traditional banks and pass the savings on to borrowers in the form of lower rates and to investors in the form of attractive risk adjusted returns. Since launching in 2007, we've built a trusted brand with a track record of delivering extraordinary value and satisfaction to both borrowers and investors. We're proud to be recognized as a leader for our growth and innovation, including being named a CNBC Disruptor 50 for the second year in a row, one of Forbes' America's Most Promising Companies for three years in a row, one of the Inc. 500., as well as the company with the "Best Start-Up CEO to Work For" by Business Insider. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California. In 2014, we had the largest IPO for a U.S.-based tech company.
The Senior SEC Reporting Manager will be responsible for assisting in the preparation and filing of required quarterly and annual financial statements with the SEC (Form 10-Q, Form 10-K), as well quarterly Earnings Releases and other SEC filings (8-K, S-3, S-8, Proxy). This position will work closely with the Technical Accounting and Corporate Accounting departments and external auditors, and will report to the Director of SEC Reporting.
- Participate in the design, preparation, and completion of external and internal financial reports, including audited financial statements and SEC filings;
- Research, interpret and implement accounting and regulatory mentorship and instructions to ensure accurate and relevant disclosures in audited financial statements and SEC filings;
- Execute and maintain an effective internal control environment;
- Establish and demonstrate relationships with internal business partners;
- Continuously work to improve and streamline reporting processes and controls;
- Support the annual external audit and quarterly reviews;
- Assist in preparing communications to the Disclosure Committee and Audit Committee; and
- Participate in ad hoc projects related to possible debt and equity issuance, SEC comment letters, and disclosure research.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting;
- CPA license;
- 8+ years of work experience in accounting, including some direct industry experience in SEC reporting at a U.S. based public company;
- XBRL knowledge required;
- Big 4 accounting firm experience preferred;
- You have prior experience with Workiva software a plus;
- Thorough, comprehensive and current understanding of U.S. GAAP, financial reporting principles, and SEC regulatory requirements;
- Demonstrates strong communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Validated strong analytical skills;
- You have strong MS Office skills required, including proficiency in Excel;
- You are self-motivated, dedicated, quick learner with a desire to improve processes and drive the accounting department towards increasing efficiencies;
- You have ability and desire to build and cultivate relationships with team members and internal partners
- You are adaptive in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment, with the ability to lead multiple priorities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Inside the Office of LendingClub
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) is the world’s largest online credit marketplace, connecting borrowers and investors. Lending Club uses technology to lower costs, passing the savings on to borrowers in the form of lower rates—and to investors in the form of solid returns. The market leader by a wide margin, Lending Club has helped more than a million Americans achieve their financial goals to date.
Back to top