Sr Risk Analyst, Auto
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
This is an incredible opportunity for an innovative, hands-on candidate to help Lending Club build a new consumer lending business from ground up. The goal is to capitalize on Lending Club’s innovative marketplace model and industry-leading brand to launch a new product that will transform a new lending segment, in the same fashion the company has transformed the Personal Loans space.
We are looking for someone who is a good problem solver, analytical, and can produce results. You will work with a small team of existing Lending Club associates tasked with determining the strategy for and launching the new product. You will be responsible for various different projects on the team to help build the business case and define the go-to market strategy. Typical projects will be focused on defining product structure, credit analytics, valuations, modeling using big data … think ‘Moneyball’ for marketplace lending. It will be important to be data driven, comfortable with Excel, and SAS/SQL.
In this position you will be responsible for developing credit policies, performing portfolio analysis, creating and updating monthly performance reports, and designing performance metrics. Responsibilities include developing credit policies for the new originations. Using a combination of technical reporting tools and Excel you will analyze available data to quantify performance, cost, and effectiveness for areas such as loan performance, and strategic initiatives. You will also apply knowledge gained from analyzing data to aid in the setting of goals and performance metrics. Furthermore, the ability to understand how the business works is imperative to success in this position.
- BA/BS Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Economics, Math, Statistics, or other related field; quantitative and data-driven
- 2-3+ years prior work experience as an Analyst in an MIS or similar analytical environment
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong logical and SQL querying skills
- Significant work experience with Oracle, Hadoop, SAS, Python, R or other similar products
- Good organizational skills
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Master Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Economics, Math, Statistics, or other related field
- Previous banking/risk management experience, specifically in Auto is highly preferred
Back to top