Sr Partnerships Manager, (Banks)
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: build a more efficient, clear and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
LendingClub's Investor Group is responsible for raising highly diversified capital to fund loan products on the platform through retail customers. The team is passionate about building investment products that provide for a great customer experience while providing access to unique asset classes. The Investor Group partners with dedicated legal, finance and operations teams to deliver compelling investment solutions for clients.
Who We Are Looking For
LendingClub is looking for a Manager/ Sr Manager to join our Financial Institution's team as a key member of a growing group that helps fund the investor side of our credit marketplace and develops new and innovative ways to partner with financial institutions. You will report directly to the Director of Financial Institutions Partnerships and will focus on sourcing, deal execution, and developing new strategic partnerships with banks, credit unions and other financial institutions. This is an evolving role, and you should be prepared to take on increased responsibility as LC develops new borrower products, investor solutions, and as the institutional group expands along with the company and the FinTech industry.
- Responsible for driving deal processes, including sourcing, internal / external project management, working cross functionally, client management, developing solutions for roadblocks, building consensus internally, developing + negotiating legal docs, integrating and all other deal execution matters for investors and prospects in the financial institutions group.
- Manage multiple processes at once, and exhibit creative problem solving to help build unique solutions throughout deal processes.
- Think strategically, develop frameworks and effectively communicate.
- Interact with investors and colleagues of all levels (analyst to C-suite) directly on a regular basis.
- Bachelor's degree required; Advanced degree preferred.
- 4-6 year's experience within a business development, strategic partnerships, strategy, corporate development and/or investment banking role required
- Experience working on or running partnerships / business development processes, including sourcing, project management, legal docs, integration etc. Experience collaborating with product/engineering/marketing desired.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Efficient and organized time management skills
- Insightful, able to establish relationships with people with varying backgrounds, able to influence
- Driven, determined, and willing to commit fully
- Loves the art of the deal and working with people
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Inside the Office of LendingClub
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) is the world’s largest online credit marketplace, connecting borrowers and investors. Lending Club uses technology to lower costs, passing the savings on to borrowers in the form of lower rates—and to investors in the form of solid returns. The market leader by a wide margin, Lending Club has helped more than a million Americans achieve their financial goals to date.
Back to top