Sr. Java Developer
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
Why Join Us?
We offer all the important stuff like competitive salaries, equity, 100% paid medical and dental, and because we’ve been around longer we also have stuff like great food, game rooms, a super convenient location in downtown SF and a 401K match. More importantly, we’re the clear market leader, which gives us awesome momentum. As Forbes put it, “While not often thought of as a “sharing economy” company, given the massive size of the financial industry Lending Club could end up being one of the most disruptive–and largest–companies in this sector.” We think one of our own employees put it best: “Many companies talk about reshaping an industry, but Lending Club is one of the few that is actually achieving this lofty goal. Growth comes in monthly leaps that just seem to keep accelerating, leading to ever-larger opportunities. There is an intriguing focus on how to get more efficient and do bigger things. Working here is definitely a chance to be a part of something special.”
Here at Lending Club as a Sr. Java Developer, you’ll work on the platform that is transforming the banking industry. We’re looking for talented Java developers interested in building new applications from the ground up and who will join a growing team in developing the products that allow our borrowers and investors to achieve their financial goals.
- A proven enterprise software/java developer who can work in fast paced, agile environment with minimal supervision.
- Familiar with Agile methodology, test-driven development, source control management, and automated testing.
- A seasoned professional with 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Java and Web services
- UNIX/Linux experience, and scripting skills (shell, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Strong database skills (SQL, MySQL, ORACLE)
- Superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity
- Ability to scale applications
- Passion to deliver
- Experience in a true agile environment
- Desire to transform the banking industry
Back to top