Sr Infrastructure Security Engineer
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates - $1 billion at a time. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named one of Forbes' America's Most Promising Companies three years in a row, a 2012 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company in 2013. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
The Infrastructure Security Architecture team plays a key role in "security thought leadership" at Lending Club. The team works closely with multiple business units to influence and provide security guidance on technology and processes that will carry the company to the next phase.
As a senior member of the team, your focus will be building and maintaining relationships with different business units, influencing and injecting secure ideas in the roadmap, promoting best security practices, solving world class security challenges, and pushing your engineering knowledge and expertise.
- Become an expert in the Lending Club enterprise and product infrastructure.
- Drive security engineering and architecture efforts for our internal infrastructure.
- Develop methods to secure Lending Club without impacting productivity.
- Collaborate with internal partners on addressing systemic security issues.
- Participate in security reviews to ensure timely evaluation per risk based approaches.
- Evangelize security within the company.
- Minimum 6 years in the field of security with 4+ years in security architecture design and review.
- Security experience with large scale customer facing production operations in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- In-depth knowledge of AWS and other public and private cloud infrastructure is recommended.
- Ability to understand, measure, and communicate risks associated to the business.
- Knowledge on load balancers, network device authentication, firewalls, network segregation, VPNs, SIEM.
- Advanced knowledge of the following:
- Networking protocols such as TCP/IP, BGP, SSH, TLS, etc.
- Authentication protocols such as OAuth, SAML, RADIUS, etc.
- Secure password storage techniques and standards
- Single Sign On, Multi Factor Authentication technologies.
- Understanding of GLBA, SOX, Financial is a plus.
- BS Computer Science or similar combination of education and experience.
- MS in CS or equivalent experience preferred.
Why Join Us?
We offer all the important stuff like competitive salaries, equity, 100% paid medical and dental, and because we've been around longer we also have stuff like great food, game rooms, a super convenient location in downtown SF and a 401K match. More importantly, we're the clear market leader, which gives us awesome momentum. As Forbes put it, "While not often thought of as a "sharing economy" company, given the massive size of the financial industry Lending Club could end up being one of the most disruptive–and largest–companies in this sector." We think one of our own employees put it best: "Many companies talk about reshaping an industry, but Lending Club is one of the few that is actually achieving this lofty goal. Growth comes in monthly leaps that just seem to keep accelerating, leading to ever-larger opportunities. There is an intriguing focus on how to get more efficient and do bigger things. Working here is definitely a chance to be a part of something special."
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Inside the Office of LendingClub
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) is the world’s largest online credit marketplace, connecting borrowers and investors. Lending Club uses technology to lower costs, passing the savings on to borrowers in the form of lower rates—and to investors in the form of solid returns. The market leader by a wide margin, Lending Club has helped more than a million Americans achieve their financial goals to date.
Back to top