Sr Email Marketing Analyst
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
We are seeking a Senior Email Marketing Analyst to support marketing and transactional emails across LendingClub.
This is a great opportunity for someone who knows HTML to build expertise as an email marketer while developing technical skills and analytical abilities and expanding their marketing and business knowledge. The role is involved with the complete email cycle -- starting with content and segmentation strategy, through HTML development and tactical deployment, to performance analysis and insight generation, then circling back to refine the strategy.
Reporting to the Director of Email Marketing and working closely with marketing managers, the Senior Email Marketing Analyst is a key team player who consistently carries the torch across the finish line, bringing campaigns to completion while enhancing the client experience.
- Deliver the right email message to the right audience at the right time
- Produce emails, converting content into HTML
- Validate functionality and rendering across devices and email clients
- Assure proper formation of URLs to enable accurate tracking
- Ensure compliance with anti-spam legislation
- Revise as necessary to obtain creative approval from marketing managers
- Translate segmentation and targeting requirements into SQL queries
- Test how different creative versions, messaging, and user experiences can affect email conversion
- Analyze email performance and communicate insights to marketing managers
Required Skills and Experience:
- Advanced HTML development skills, with an understanding of responsive design principles and nuances of designing for email versus web
- Familiarity with a major email service provider (such as ExactTarget, Responsys, Yesmail)
- Understanding of email conversion metrics
- Basic working knowledge of SQL
- Ability to work independently, manage deadlines, and prioritize deliverables
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Professional experience developing HTML that renders as designed across multiple web browsers, devices, and email clients
- Prior use of Litmus, Email On Acid, or similar email QA tools
- Experience with ExactTarget, including use of their API to deliver emails in real-time
- Knowledge of relational database concepts and ability to craft SQL queries from scratch, including joins across multiple tables
- Advanced Excel skills, including setup and use of pivot tables to quickly isolate target segments or deep-dive into response metrics
- Superb attention to detail, with a keen eye for typos and grammatical errors
- Demonstrated success working in diverse teams in fast-paced environments
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
See Inside the Office of LendingClub
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) is the world’s largest online credit marketplace, connecting borrowers and investors. Lending Club uses technology to lower costs, passing the savings on to borrowers in the form of lower rates—and to investors in the form of solid returns. The market leader by a wide margin, Lending Club has helped more than a million Americans achieve their financial goals to date.
Back to top