Sr Email Lifecycle Marketing Manager
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, and we're radically changing the way lending operates. We're proud of the recognition we've received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World's 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
We are seeking a Senior Email Lifecycle Marketing Manager to optimize the customer experience through automated email programs at every stage of the customer journey – from welcoming them upon acquisition, to pulling them through the conversion funnel, to managing their customer relationships after conversion, to setting them up for re-acquisition. Reporting to the Director of Email Marketing, this role is recognized as the company-wide expert on the user experience through email, our primary means of communication with customers.
Success in this role requires building expertise on the flow of data to and from our enterprise email service provider, while maintaining an expansive library of email content.
The Senior Email Lifecycle Marketing Manager is a team player with versatile skills, who works well across departments with a broad cast of team members ranging from business managers to software engineers.
- Be the company-wide expert on the entire customer journey through email.
- Manage all lifecycle emails, including drip marketing campaigns and real-time service/transactional emails.
- Own the data flow processes to and from the enterprise email system, working with Data Services team to pull additional fields into data feeds. Assure quality before projects go into production.
- Manage the content and cadence of transactional emails, working closely with Product and Engineering teams to trigger email requests from the codebase.
- Optimize performance of recurring marketing emails, working closely with Content Marketing Managers and Email Marketing team to test messaging and user experience.
- Expand functionality of email operations.
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of direct experience in email campaign management and/or project management
- Experience with dynamic email content using a major ESP
- Solid understanding of relational databases, with a working knowledge of SQL
- Understanding of the nuances of email HTML, with a working knowledge of HTML
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Experience with API-triggered emails
- Experience with ExactTarget (Salesforce Marketing Cloud) and Marketing Cloud Connect
- Experience with coding email html
- Experience with advanced SQL, with the ability to join data across multiple tables and environments
- Experience with JIRA and proven project management experience
- Professional experience with SMS
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Supervisor, Member Support
Tania makes sure borrowers have a great experience with Lending Club. She’s constantly looking ahead to ensure her team is fully staffed and ready to meet every borrower’s needs.
Back to top