Sr Director of People Development
Sr Director of People Development
About Lending Club
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
This leadership role offers an exciting opportunity to join Lending Club. In concert with the SVP, People Success and others on the HR leadership team, the Sr Director of People Development will be responsible for designing, developing and delivering training related to employee growth & development, strengths-based leadership, onboarding and talent management for all Lending Club employees. The successful candidate will collaborate with HR and senior leadership to develop and implement a long-term plan for training that will support our company’s goals and objectives.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and lead learning and development programs that engage and develop talent at all levels. Program needs include: strengths-based leadership, high-potential identification and development, training, performance management, individual development plans, and on-boarding of new talent;
- Actively work with business leaders and People Success Business Partners to ensure that talent programs are serving the business’ most pressing development needs;
- Monitor training effectiveness and design and implement methods of measuring both program success and ROI;
- Determine the ideal tools and software to facilitate and execute on learning solutions;
- Document process flows to facilitate continuous improvement;
- Oversee general L&D program management and manage day-to-day actionable deliverables;
- Partner cross functionally to ensure content is aligned with company, state and federal guidelines; and
- Manage all programs within budget.
- 10+ years progressive experience in L&D, OD, OE, HR or Talent Management, ideally with experience in a high-growth company;
- Demonstrated high level of capability in the following areas: organizational effectiveness, group process facilitation skills, consulting skills, employee development, performance management, training design, implementation, and delivery management;
- Certification in multiple coaching tools and assessments highly desirable (Gallup, Zenger Folkman 360, MBTI, Strengths, etc.)
- Excellent time management skills and propensity to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Adaptable and comfortable with changing priorities;
- Detail oriented and highly organized, with strong planning and process management skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with business leaders;
- Credible and savvy businessperson who will be perceived as a trusted advisor, consultant, and functional expert to senior management;
- High intellect with strong ability to combine analytical reasoning, creativity and judgment;
- Self-directed and able to work independently as well as on a team;
- Strong project management skills;
- Natural ability to communicate effectively and work successfully with employees at all levels of the company; and
- Organization Design experience is a plus.
Meet Some of Lending Club's Employees
Senior Product Analytics Manager
Being a successful company is all about building a great product. Alan empowers Lending Club’s product managers to build exactly what customers need by analyzing the company’s data.
Back to top